UD Twitter: @UDallasSports
UD Men's Basketball Twitter: @UDallasMBB
UD Facebook: University of Dallas Athletics
UD Men's Basketball Facebook: University of Dallas Basketball
UD Instagram: udallasathletics
On Wednesday the University of Dallas men's basketball team will open at the Maher Center versus Millsaps College. First tip is scheduled for 5:30 p.m. The Crusaders are home 12 times this season and open the campaign in front of their home crowd for the first time since 2010-11.
In 2016-17, Dallas posted a 9-16 record and went 2-12 in the Southern Collegiate Athletic Conference (SCAC). The Crusaders have missed the conference tournament the previous two seasons, and are seeking their first appearance since they matched a program-best 18 wins in 2014-15.
- Darrius Colvin (Waco, Texas) returns as the leader in scoring 334 points, 13.4) and rebounds (165, 6.6). He also had 59 assists, 27 steals, and 16 blocks.
- Prince Giadolor (Rockwall, Texas) was also in the top three on the team last year in scoring average (11.4). He totaled 273 points and ranked second on the team in assists with 82. Giadolor added 87 rebounds too.
- Emmanuel Calton brings the most experience with 64 games played in his career. The senior swiped 21 steals last year for fourth on the team.
- Dallas has 11 newcomers and 11 returners on the roster heading into its season opener this season.
- Head Coach Jarred Samples ('01) enters his 10th season at the helm for his alma mater. He ranks second all-time in the program for wins with 95.
BY THE NUMBERS
- The Crusaders are 8-13 in the overall series.
- These programs last met in 2014-15 at the Hanger Dome. UD fell 63-57 and suffered its first setback that season after a 7-0 start. None of the players for Dallas in that contest are on the roster currently.
- The Majors went 4-22 overall and 1-13 in the American Southwest Conference (ASC) last season.
- They open this winter with three consecutive opponents from the SCAC, as they continue their road stretch to Sherman, Texas, for the SCAC/SAA Challenge against Centenary College and host Austin College.
- Buck Blanz is the leading returning scorer with 11.3 points-per-game (ppg) and 294 accumulated. He also had 110 boards for second on the squad.
- Sam Kohnke was right behind with 280 points (11.2 ppg) and boasted team-highs in rebounds (117) and steals (52).
Home Schedule Dates
— UDallas Athletics (@UDallasSports) November 10, 2017
Dallas begins a three-game road trip next week. On November 21st the Crusaders are at Hendrix College for a 7:30 p.m. start time.