HOW TO FOLLOW
UD Twitter: @UDallasSports
UD Men's Basketball Twitter: @UDallasMBB
UD Facebook: University of Dallas Athletics
UD Men's Basketball Facebook: University of Dallas Basketball
UD Instagram: udallasathletics
The University of Dallas men's basketball team plays in the Maher Center the first time in 2018, and will play its second homestand of the campaign that is at least four games long. Dallas starts the stretch with Centenary College on Friday at 5:30 p.m. and Austin College on Sunday at 12 p.m.
The Crusaders (8-5, 2-1 SCAC) are coming off a 59-56 setback the other night at Southwestern Adventist University. Dallas has dropped four-of-five since opening the season 7-1. However, the Crusaders have picked up a pair of league wins against the top two teams in the SCAC Coaches' Preseason Poll. This includes their most recent conference outing at Schreiner University, 71-68.
Dallas is tied with Friday's opponent for second in the SCAC. Southwestern University is the only team unblemished in conference so far.
- Levi continued to maintain his nice start with 54 points in last weekend's road tilts. That included a 33-point showing at Schreiner to go with 10 rebounds for his seventh double-double overall. He recorded four blocks in that latter contest.
- Levi enters today's NCAA Division III rankings in fourth with a 71.8 field goal percentage. He is also atop the SCAC and United States Collegiate Athletic Association (USCAA) rankings in that category. Levi ranks fourth in the SCAC and fifth in USCAA for points-per-game (ppg) with an 18.8-clip.
- Wambsganss checks in second in the conference with a 46.8 three-point field goal percentage. He leads UD with 37.
- Levi is also first on the squad in total rebounds with 132 (10.2-per contest). He is the only Crusader over triple-digits, and his rebounding average ranks 2nd in SCAC and 3rd in USCAA.
- As a team, Dallas has amassed 494 boards, 65 blocks, and an SCAC-leading 211 assists (prior to Wednesday's matchup).
- UD's offense has cooled in January so far, but the team is still shooting 47.8 percent and averaging 77.8 points overall. In a trio of conference matchups, the Crusaders are averaging 65.7 points.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
Levi won his second SCAC Player of the Week Honor! Watch Interview.
BY THE NUMBERS
- The Crusaders are 4-9 in the all-time series with Centenary. UD has dropped the past four meetings, including two at each venue the last two seasons.
- In Irving last year, Prince Giadolor (Rockwall, Texas) led the team with 15 points in an 82-68 final.
- Dallas is 27-43 in head-to-head matchups versus Austin College. Last year the team's split the regular season with the home team prevailing. UD has won the last six meetings in Maher dating to 2012-13.
- Last season, the Crusaders won 86-69 with a pair of halves scoring above 40 points. Colvin racked up 25 points and nine boards. Giadolor chipped in 16 points.
- The Gents enter Friday's game with an identical record to UD at 8-5 and 2-1 in the SCAC.
- Centenary dropped its last outing to Southwestern University 76-71 at the Gold Dome.
- The Gents are 4-2 away from their home floor this year, but 1-2 on the oppositions own court.
- Travion Kirkendoll (21.9) and Cedric Harris (20.0) hold two of the top three spots in the conference for scoring average. Kirkendoll is the league leader and also checks in fifth with a 53.2 field goal percentage.
- Harris paces the team in rebounds 93 and blocks with 15. He has drained 40 three-pointers, with Kirkendoll following with 22. Treylan Matthews, who is averaging 10.2 points to round out the top three on the team, has connected on 19 from deep.
- The Maroon and White are right behind Dallas in total assists (210).
- The 'Roos enter the weekend 2-12 overall and 0-3 in conference play.
- They have dropped nine in a row.
- Austin last fell in Sherman last Sunday versus Texas Lutheran University by 10 (79-69).
- AC will play at Colorado College on Friday before flying back to DFW for Sunday's tip.
- Michael Holland paces a quartet of players in double figures with 15.7 ppg. He ranks third in the conference for three-point field goal percentage (46.2). Holland is also the top rebounder with 11.1 a contest.
- Justice Mercadel (14.5), Kam Hogan (11.7), and Austin Wells (10.9) are also players to watch, as they have all averaged double-digits in scoring.
Dallas remains at home the following weekend and will close out the first half of conference play. Texas Lutheran University and Southwestern University visit on January 19th and 21st. Game times are scheduled for 5:30 p.m. and 12 p.m. on those respective dates.