HOW TO FOLLOW
UD Twitter: @UDallasSports
UD Men's Basketball Twitter: @UDallasMBB
UD Facebook: University of Dallas Athletics
UD Men's Basketball Facebook: University of Dallas Basketball
UD Instagram: udallasathletics
The University of Dallas men's basketball team starts the second half of Southern Collegiate Athletic Conference (SCAC) play this Friday and Saturday with a couple familiar opponents. The season-long, five-game road swing opens at Texas Lutheran University with a 5:30 p.m. tip-off. UD travels over to Southwestern University the next day, and will play a 4 p.m. matchup.
Dallas (9-8, 3-4 SCAC) faced both teams less than a week ago, and are looking to bounce back after dropping both contests at the Maher Center. Each team shot well from the field – including combining for 23 made three-pointers. The Crusaders made a comeback on Sunday with Southwestern, putting up a 53-point 2nd half, but fell 95-88 at the end.
The Crusaders start the weekend sixth in a tight conference race, but have dropped three straight to league foes. They are 1-1 in conference away games. The win was the team's narrow victory at first-place Schreiner University, who only have one loss in SCAC play.
THREE THINGS TO KNOW
- Spencer Levi (St. Louis, Mo.) checks in fourth in NCAA Division III with a 71.7 field goal percentage. The freshman also holds top-10 spots in the country for blocks-per-game (2.82 – Tied 5th), total blocks (48 – Tied 7th), and rebounds-per-game (11.2 – 10th). His 11 double-doubles are tied for ninth in the nation.
- Darrius Colvin (Waco, Texas) follows Levi's team-leading 18.8 points-per-game (ppg) with a 16.2-clip. He is also second on the squad with 84 boards and 13 blocks.
- The Crusaders are averaging 71.1 points in conference games this season. They lead the conference in assists with 294 (17.3).
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
Social Media Post
ICYMI: #UDCrusaders Men's Basketball was home this Friday & Sunday! Highlights from their games with TLU and Southwestern! Photos from both contests are on the UD Photo Galleries | @UDallasMBB #GoUD #UDMBB #SCACmbb #d3h pic.twitter.com/DMFZufgjqM— UDallas Athletics (@UDallasSports) January 24, 2018
EARLIER SEASON MATCHUPS
- The Crusaders were down 27-26 at halftime with Texas Lutheran University in their game at the Maher Center last Friday. Strong shooting performances by the guests led to a 41-26 second half advantage. Levi posted 14 points and 10 rebounds. Full Recap
- Dallas made a comeback attempt after trailing double-digits most of Sunday's 95-88 decision with Southwestern University. Nine 3-pointers in the 1st half sparked a big lead. The Crusaders scored a season-high 10 three-point field goals, and Colvin finished two points shy of a career-high with 27.
BY THE NUMBERS
- Dallas fell on the road at both places in 2016-17. In Georgetown, the Crusaders trailed 37-36 at half, but allowed a big second half in a 90-81 final. UD fell 74-61 at TLU.
Dallas takes a break from its six-game conference stretch with a local road matchup at Arlington Baptist on Monday, January 29th. First tip is scheduled at 7 p.m. The next month starts with another conference road swing at Centenary College (Feb. 2nd) and Austin College (Feb. 3rd).