HOW TO FOLLOW
UD Twitter: @UDallasSports
UD Men's Basketball Twitter: @UDallasMBB
UD Facebook: University of Dallas Athletics
UD Men's Basketball Facebook: University of Dallas Basketball
UD Instagram: udallasathletics
The University of Dallas men's basketball team concludes the regular season on Saturday at Colorado College. Tip-off is slated for 1 p.m. (MST). The Crusaders are 7-5 on the road, and will look to finish the campaign on a high note by matching their longest winning streak. This is the fourth time on the season that Dallas (15-9, 8-5 SCAC) has won at least three games in a row. Dallas is coming off a 95-83 victory over top seed Schreiner University to claim the season series.
The Crusaders can secure second place and a first-round bye in the Southern Collegiate Athletic Conference (SCAC) Tournament in Colorado Springs next weekend with a win. On Thursday, Schreiner notched the regular season title with a win over Trinity University. Trinity University and Centenary College are both a game back. Schreiner and Trinity tip-off again on Saturday - this time in San Antonio - and Centenary is at Austin College. Should UD tie either Trinity or Centenary, it would still have second place due to season series splits and holding a 2-0 edge against Schreiner. However, if both Trinity and Centenary gain the game to create a three-way tie then Centenary would bump to second due to winning twice head-to-head versus Trinity.
After falling to 9-8 and finishing a four-game home stand with three straight losses nearly a month ago, the Crusaders rattled off six wins in seven games to return to the SCAC Tournament for the first time since 2014-15. They match a conference most in wins.
THREE THINGS TO KNOW FOR UD
- Spencer Levi (St. Louis, Mo.) sits in first in the league with a 71 field goal percentage and 11.5 rebounds-per-game. He is third in scoring with 18.6 points-per-game (ppg).
- Dallas is averaging 85.1 ppg over the last seven games.
- Joshua Nunn (St. Louis, Mo.) has recorded double figures in scoring the last six games, and seven-of-eight (Has achieved feat nine times overall). The freshman point guard has made 43-of-48 free throws. He is shooting 87.2 percent from the line.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
These teams opened conference play with each other, but last played in the middle of December. The Crusaders prevailed at the Maher Center, 69-65, and stretched their hot start to 6-1 at the time. Darrius Colvin (Waco, Texas) led with 18 points and Levi recorded a double-double with 13 points and 12 rebounds. Colorado College used only eight players led by Eric Houska with 21 points. Only the five starters registered a point. Full Recap
BY THE NUMBERS
- The Tigers sit 11-13 overall and tied with Southwestern University and Texas Lutheran University in fifth at 6-7 in the SCAC.
- Dallas dropped last year's meeting in Colorado 74-55, and have dropped three straight at the Reid Arena.
Dallas returns to Colorado Springs a week from now, as the SCAC Tournament takes place February 23rd-25th.