HOW TO FOLLOW
UD Twitter: @UDallasSports
UD Basketball Twitter: @UDallasMBB
UD Facebook: University of Dallas Athletics
UD Basketball Facebook: University of Dallas Basketball (Official)
UD Instagram: udallasathletics
UD Basketball Instagram: udallasmbb
UD Basketball YouTube: Univeristy of Dallas Men's Basketball
The University of Dallas men's basketball team returns to the floor after taking a break for Christmas. The Crusaders venture on their farthest trip of the campaign to the Mountain West with games at Colorado College and Johnson & Wales University over the weekend. Both tips are slated for the afternoon with CC's game going at 3 p.m. local time. The Crusaders play Johnson & Wales at 2 p.m.
Dallas (1-8) is looking to snap a six-game slide that includes an 0-5 record on opponents home courts. The Crusaders drop their first two conference matchups a few weeks ago. Dallas had appeared to shake its woeful shooting with the best offensive half of the season against Austin College. Despite a 38-24 lead at break, the opposition evaporated the margin quickly and used a 42-23 second half to claim the win.
THREE THINGS TO KNOW FOR UD
- Logan Fruhwirth (Waynesville, Ohio) logged career scoring performances in his last pair of contests (both SCAC games) with 13 and 19 points, respectively.
- John Russell (Bossier City, La.) is the lone player averaging double figures with 10.0 points-per-game (ppg). He is also the top rebounder with 37. Letrell Toussaint (Waco, Texas) is right behind at 36.
-Dallas is averaging 64.2 points and shooting 37.8 percent from the field.
BY THE NUMBERS
- Series History: UD vs Tigers (13-20) | UD vs. Wildcats 5-1
- Dallas split the season series with Colorado College, as the home team won each meeting.
- The last trip to Colorado Springs was an 89-80 setback. Michael Wambsganss (Denver, Colo) scored 14 points with 4-8 3-point field goal shooting. Russell added eight points and five boards.
- UD rolled past Johnson & Wales in a non-conference matchup in Irving last year, 82-65. Five players eclipsed double figures in scoring, including Wambsganss (11) and Russell (10). Russell neared a double-double with nine rebounds (four offensive).
ABOUT THE OPPONENTS
- The Tigers are 4-8 and 0-3 this season. They have dropped five in a row.
- Are 4-3 at Reid Arena.
- They fell in their first three SCAC matchups including the last trip to Texas Lutheran University (79-64) and Southwestern University (72-68).
- Offense is led by CooXooEii Black with 18.6 ppg. Aaron Acosta (12.5) and Eric Jones (11.8( are also in the top trio of scorers with at least 100 points.
- Black is also the top rebounder with 7.2 per contest (86). The Tiger are outrebounding opponents 475-456.
(Johnson & Wales University)
- The Wildcats lead the SCAC with the best overall record at 9-3 and are one of four two-win teams in league play so far.
- JWU dropped a 98-91 decision at Southwestern University on December 15.
- The Wildcats are in their first year as NCAA Division III members and part of the Southern Collegiate Athletic Conference.
- Jontrell Herman and Andrew Romero III have done the majority of scoring with 24.9 and 22.9 ppg, respectively. The offense is shooting 46.8 percent from the field and averaging 85.3 points.
- Herman has garnered 95 rebounds (7.9), dished 57 assists, and swiped 45 steals.
Dallas returns to the Maher Center for a three-game stretch to start the 2019 year off. This stretch begins on January 4 with conference preseason favorite Trinity University. Tip-off is scheduled for 6 p.m. after the women's game.