HOW TO FOLLOW
(Sunday, Mar. 24) Video: Games 3/4
UD Twitter: @UDallasSports
UD Softball Twitter: @UDallasSoftball
UD Facebook: University of Dallas Athletics
UD Softball Facebook: University of Dallas Softball
UD Instagram: udallasathletics
UD Softball Instagram: udallas_softball
Dates/Times: March 23 (12 PM & 2 PM) | March 24 (12 PM & 2 PM)
Opponents: Centenary College
Records: Centenary (7-10, 4-0 SCAC), Dallas (5-17, 0-8 SCAC)
Location: Crusader Field, Irving, Texas
The University of Dallas softball team wraps up a 10-game home stand with another big conference series this weekend against Centenary College. Dallas has dropped its last six contests – coming on this home stretch – with the latest from Hardin-Simmons University on Wednesday (12-3 F/5, 7-2).
Thunderstorms are in the forecast on Saturday, so please keep up on udallasathletics.com and @UDallasSports on Twitter for the latest updates.
- Julie Duenas (Houston, Texas) is tied for first in the Southern Collegiate Athletic Conference (SCAC) with four home runs. She is also the lone player hitting above a .300 batting average with a .364 mark.
- Liz Cordova (Oklahoma City, Okla.) and Caitlyn Stevenson (Henderson, Nev.) are the next highest batting averages at .297 and .296, respectively. Cordova has a team-lead in doubles (7) and Stevenson holds all three triples for UD.
- Paige Rasmussen (El Campo, Texas) is the team leader for innings pitched (52.1) and has a 2.94 ERA. Karina Campo (Georgetown, Texas) ranks first in appearances (10), staring nine times and logging 48 innings.
- Emily Martin (San Jose, Calif.) has thrown 14.2 innings on this home stand, and pitched all 20 innings on the season since opening conference play with Texas Lutheran University (Mar. 8). She has a 2.80 ERA, which gives Dallas pitching two players with sub 3.00 ERA clips.
BY THE NUMBERS
- All-Time Series: UD 11-16
- Dallas has dropped past five head-to-head meetings, including SCAC Elimination Game in 2018.
- Crusaders prevailed 11-3 (F/6) and 11-6 to achieve series split in Irving in 2017.
SCOUTING THE LADIES
- The Ladies earned their first conference-opening sweep by edging Austin College in Shreveport last weekend.
- Sydney Hurley was named SCAC Hitter of the Week. She batted .568 (10-17) and had nine RBI, four runs scored, three doubles, and two home runs.
- The Ladies have tallied 125 hits on 23 doubles, and driven in 67 runs.
- Seven players have eclipsed double figures in hits. Wendy Gillet is the team leader with 19 base knocks and has slashed a .413/.419/.630.
- Amberlee Nix has done most of the pitching with nine appearances (8 starts) and has thrown 43.2 innings with a 3.37 ERA. Hannah Scoggin and Nichole Aldridge have contributed 27.2 and 27 innings, respectively with a combined seven starts.
Dallas is off to Trinity University to close the month on Mar. 30-31. First pitch for the first day of the twinbill is at 1 p.m., while the series ends with a doubleheader that begins at 12 p.m.