HOW TO FOLLOW
UD Twitter: @UDallasSports
UD Facebook: University of Dallas Athletics
UD Instagram: udallasathletics
The University of Dallas women's basketball team will start the 2019 part of their schedule at home as they host Trinity University on Friday (1/4). Tip-off is set for 4:00 p.m. The Crusaders (1-10, 1-3 SCAC) picked up their first win over the weekend by winning a tight Southern Collegiate Athletic Conference (SCAC) contest at Johnson & Wales University.
THREE THINGS TO KNOW FOR UD
- The Crusaders shot a season-best 56.8 percent from the field in the victory over JWU.
- Vanessa Diaz (San Antonio, Texas) is averaging 14.2 points-per-game. That mark is good enough for fourth-best among SCAC players.
- Diaz leads the team by averaging 8.0 free-throw attempts-per-game.
BY THE NUMBERS
- Trinity owns a 38-4 all-time record versus Dallas. The Tigers won the last meeting on Febuary 9th, 2018 60-53 in Irving.
SCOUTING THE TIGERS
- The Tigers (8-3, 1-1 SCAC) are coming off a 95-62 win over Louisiana College.
- Abby Holland leads the team with 13.8 points-per-game, which is good enough for fifth-best among conference players.
- Hailey Coleman has a 52.2 field goal percentage for fourth-best in the SCAC.
- The Tigers are forcing 11.5 steals-per-game.
- Trinity is receiving votes in the latest D3 Hoops rankings.
Dallas will play non-conference opponent Dallas Christian College on Tuesday (1/8). First tip is set for 4 p.m.