HOW TO FOLLOW
UD Twitter: @UDallasSports
UD Facebook: University of Dallas Athletics
UD Instagram: udallasathletics
The University of Dallas women's basketball team will host Southwestern University on Saturday with first tip set for 4:00 p.m. The Crusaders (1-12, 1-4 SCAC) are coming off a 69-66 overtime loss to Dallas Christian College on Tuesday. Dallas is now getting into the heart of Southern Collegiate Athletic Conference (SCAC) play as they will play six-straight conference games to close out the month of January.
THREE THINGS TO KNOW FOR UD
- Vanessa Diaz (San Antonio, Texas) is third among SCAC players averaging 8.8 rebounds-per-game.
- Diaz also leads the Crusaders and currently sits in fifth place among conference leaders with 14.0 points-per-game.
- Faith Starnes (Bryan, Texas) leads the team with a 72 percent free throw percentage.
BY THE NUMBERS
- The Pirates hold a 39-6 all-time record versus UD.
- Southwestern has won the past seven meetings dating back to the 2014-15 season.
- SU won the last meeting 59-51 in Georgetown on January 27, 2018
SCOUTING THE PIRATES
- The Pirates (4-9, 3-1 SCAC) are coming off a 64-57 conference win over Schreiner University last Friday. SU will play at Austin College on Friday (1/11) before making the trip to the Maher Center.
- The Pirates are holding conference opponents to a 27.9 three-point percentage.
- Courtney Maass currently sits third among SCAC players with a 41.2 three-point percentage.
- Tori Carraway is fifth among SCAC leaders with 7.5 rebounds-per-game.
- Noel Pratts leads the Pirates with 11.6 points-per-game.
Dallas will be on the road for the next two outings. UD will travel to Texas Lutheran University on Friday (1/18). First tip is set for 5:30 p.m. The Crusaders will then make the trip to Southwestern University on Saturday (1/19). Tip-off is scheduled for 4:00 p.m.