HOW TO FOLLOW
UD Twitter: @UDallasSports
UD Facebook: University of Dallas Athletics
UD Instagram: udallasathletics
The University of Dallas women's basketball team will conclude its home part of the regular season with two Southern Collegiate Athletic Conference (SCAC) contests. The Crusaders (2-19, 1-11 SCAC) will host the Bulldogs of Texas Lutheran University on Friday (Feb. 8) at 5:30 p.m. UD will then host Schreiner University for its final home game on Saturday (Feb. 9). First tip is scheduled for 4:00 p.m. Dallas is coming off a home setback to Centenary College on Tuesday.
THREE THINGS TO KNOW FOR UD
- Jules Oliveti (Southlake, Texas) is leading the team shooting 48 percent from the field.
- 17 different players have played this season for the Crusaders.
SAAC CHANGE FOR CHANGE
Dallas' Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC) will be at all the University of Dallas home events this week collecting as much change as possible to donate to the annual SCAC "Change For The Better" campaign. This contest allows each SCAC member institution to collect as much change as possible from fans, parents, and students in support of a chosen charity the league is partnered with. The SCAC will be donating all proceeds to the Special Olympics.
SAAC will also be at the weekend basketball games on Feb. 8 (5:30 p.m. | 7:30 p.m.) and Feb. 9 (4 p.m. | 6 p.m.). The group also will attend the women's lacrosse match at 1 p.m. on the 9th.
BY THE NUMBERS
- Texas Lutheran won the first meeting this year 83-36 on January 18th in Seguin.
- Dallas beat Schreiner last season 71-54 in Irving. SU owns a 13-4 all-time record versus UD.
SCOUTING THE OPPONENTS
(Texas Lutheran University)
- The Bulldogs (14-7, 10-2 SCAC) are currently on a five-game winning streak. They throttled Colorado College 75-39 in their last outing.
- Cami Davis leads the Bulldogs averaging 13.2 points-per-game.
- TLU is averaging 40.3 rebounds-per-game.
- Tara Molina is dishing out 4.5 assists-per-game.
- TLU is 6-4 in true road games this season.
- The Mountaineers (4-18, 4-9 SCAC) are coming off a 61-57 loss to Southwestern University in their last game.
- Schreiner is 1-10 on the road this season.
- Sydney Williams leads the team averaging 12.7 points-per-game.
- Kayla Alvarado is shooting 41.7 percent from three-point range.
- Schreiner is turning the ball over 20.2 times-per-game.
Dallas will travel to Schreiner University on Friday (Feb. 15) for a rematch scheduled for 5:30 p.m.