ABILENE, Texas – The University of Dallas women's track and field team competed in the McMurry Open. It was the third meet in a row the Crusaders competed in Abilene and second at a meet hosted by McMurry University. This was a final tune-up for the Crusaders as they get two weeks before wrapping the spring up at the Southern Collegiate Athletic Conference (SCAC) Championship.
- Katie McIntyre (Sparta, N.J.) improved two seconds from her previous time in the 400 Meter Dash with a 1:02.89 for seventh place. The senior also shaved .5 seconds off in the 200m with a 27.36 mark.
- Audrey Zohorsky(Ellicott City, Md.) ran a personal record (PR) in the 200m.
- Caroline Schemel (Greencastle, Pa.) posted a season-best in the 5000m (22:36.72) by removing a minute from her previous time a couple weeks ago.
- Diana Hassink (Tulsa, Okla.) continues to boast strong performances in her first spring throwing for the squad. The dual athlete from volleyball set a new PR in the Hammer Throw by six full meters (11.33).
- Hassink improved her distance in the Shot Put with an 11.33m for seventh.
- Entering the final weeks prior to conference, Hassink ranks second in the Shot and top five in the SCAC in the Hammer Throw.
Dallas has one final competition this season hosted by Trinity University in San Antonio, Texas, on April 28-29.