HOW TO FOLLOW
UD Twitter: @UDallasSports
UD Baseball Twitter: @UDallasBaseball
UD Facebook: University of Dallas Athletics
UD Instagram: udallasathletics
Dates: February 2nd (7 innings) (DH) | February 3rd (9 innings)
Times: February 2nd 12 p.m. (DH) | February 3rd starts at 1 p.m.
Opponent: Sul Ross State University
Records: Sul Ross State University (0-0) | Dallas (0-0)
Location: Irving, Texas, Crusader Field
The University of Dallas baseball team begins the 2019 campaign this weekend as they host Sul Ross State University. Opening Day (2/2) will feature a doubleheader starting at 12 p.m. The series finale will wrap up on Sunday with first pitch scheduled for 1 p.m.
- Dallas is coming off a 12-26 record and a 2-16 mark in Southern Collegiate Athletic Conference (SCAC) play.
- Dallas batted .285 last season and scored 234 runs.
- Junior Conrad Voss (Corona, Calif.) returns to the rotation after leading the Crusaders in multiple categories – ERA (4.17), Wins (4), Strike Outs (47), and Appearances (18).
- Nathan Patton (McKinney, Texas) returns to the hot corner after an explosive 2019 season. He led the team with a .450 batting average, .600 slugging percentage, .521 on base percentage, as well as 43 RBI and 63 hits.
- UD is returning 12 position players that appeared in at least 24 games last spring.
BY THE NUMBERS
- Since 2014, these programs have opened against each other, with Sul Ross holding a 9-3 edge within that span.
- Dallas had a 7-10 record at Crusader Field last season.
A LOOK AT THE LOBOS
- The Lobos finished 23-19 overall with a 17-7 mark in the American Southwest Conference (ASC).
- The Lobos have 33 players, including 20 returners on the 2019 roster.
- Outfielder Wesley Moss returns for his junior season after leading the Lobos with a .451 batting percentage and scoring a team-high 54 runs last season.
- Sul Ross has 13 pitchers listed on this year's rotation. Peyton Marett brings the most experience to the table appearing in 21 games last season, with a 3-0 record and a 4.15 earned run average.
- The Lobos took the series sweep last season winning 7-3, 13-4, and 14-12.
Dallas will travel to the University of the Ozarks (AR) next weekend. A doubleheader on Saturday (2/9) will begin at 12 p.m. The series finale will start at 1 p.m. on Sunday (2/10).