HOW TO FOLLOW
UD Twitter: @UDallasSports
UD Baseball Twitter: @UDallasBaseball
UD Facebook: University of Dallas Athletics
UD Instagram: udallasathletics
Dates: February 9th (7 innings) (DH) | February 10th (9 innings)
Times: February 9th 12 p.m. (DH) | February 10th starts at 1 p.m.
Opponent: University of the Ozarks
Records: University of the Ozarks (0-0) | Dallas (2-1)
Location: Clarksville, Arkansas
The University of Dallas baseball team will travel to the University of the Ozarks for its first road test. The series gets started on Saturday (Feb. 9) featuring a doubleheader beginning at 12 p.m. The series finale will be held on Sunday (Feb. 10) with first pitch slated for 1 p.m.
- Luke Boylson (Fairview, Texas) has the early team-lead with three hits after a 3-6 effort in the opening series against Sul Ross State University. He went deep once and drove in five runs in the series.
- Josh Abalos (Lewisville, Texas) drew four walks and was 4-4 on stolen base attempts last weekend.
- Dallas was hit by a pitch 10 times and recorded 17 walks to open the season.
- UD turned four double plays against Sul Ross State.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
BY THE NUMBERS
- Dallas is 10-0 all-time versus Ozarks.
A LOOK AT THE EAGLES
- The Eagles finished 20-20 last season with a 14-10 mark in American Southwest Conference (ASC) play.
- Senior returner Breyden Varner led the team last season with 51 hits and 35 RBI playing in 40 games.
- Corey Steward returns to the mound for his senior season after recording a team-high five wins last year. Steward was 5-1 with a 6.26 ERA while striking out 22 batters.
- The Eagles finished 2018 with a .285 batting average.
- Ozarks was 15-6 at home during the 2018 campaign.
Dallas will be back home to host LeTourneau University on Saturday (Feb. 16) for a doubleheader set to start at 12:00 p.m. The series finale will be on Sunday at 1:00 p.m.