HOW TO FOLLOW
(Multimedia Coverage): Livestats: Unavailable | Video (Game 2 & 3)
UD Twitter: @UDallasSports
UD Baseball Twitter: @UDallasBaseball
UD Facebook: University of Dallas Athletics
UD Instagram: udallasathletics
Dates: February 16th (7 innings) (DH) | February 17th (9 innings)
Times: February 16th 12:00 p.m. (DH) | February 17th starts at 1:00 p.m.
Opponent: LeTourneau University
Records: LeTourneau University (0-3) | Dallas (4-1)
Location: Irving, Texas
The University of Dallas baseball team will be back at the friendly confines of Crusader Field to host LeTourneau University this upcoming weekend (Feb. 16-17th). The series will start with a doubleheader on Saturday beginning at 12:00 p.m. The series will then wrap up on Sunday with first pitch scheduled for 1:00 p.m.
- Dallas is off to its best start since the 2012 season. That year UD started 9-0.
- Jessup Scott (Lewiston, Idaho) is starting 2019 off with a bang. He leads UD with a .429 batting average going 6-14 from the plate. He has five RBI and three extra base hits.
- Luke Boylson (Fairview, Texas) has produced 8 RBI over two opponents thus far.
- Conrad Voss (Corona, Calif.) has pitched 11 innings, only allowing three earned runs and striking out five men to help lead the rotation.
- Zachary Taylor (Humble, Texas) if off to a solid season from the mound striking out six men and only allowing one earned run. He has pitched eight innings for a 1.13 ERA.
BY THE NUMBERS
- Dallas holds a 17-16 all-time advantage over LeTourneau. The two teams split the last meeting back in 2017. UD won the first game 6-2 followed by a YellowJackets walk-off to win 8-7 in Game 2.
A LOOK AT THE YELLOWJACKETS
- The Yellowjackets have a combined .264 batting average.
- Bryce Brueggemeyer is hitting 7-13 (.538 batting average) with a double, a triple, and one RBI to lead the team.
- Andrew Harlan has pitched the most innings (6.0) for LeTourneau to lead the team. He has given up 5 earned runs and nine hits.
- LeTourneau has scored 10 runs on the early season.
- Kyle Guevara has produced three errors through three games.
Dallas will participate in the NCC-Saluki Tournament hosted by Southern Illinois University next weekend. UD will begin the tourney by playing Blackburn College (IL) on Friday (Feb. 22) at 6:00 p.m. On Saturday the Crusaders will face North Central (IL) at 5:00 p.m. Dallas will conclude the tournament on Sunday by playing Wilmington (Ohio) at 10:00 a.m.