HOW TO FOLLOW
(Multimedia Coverage): Livestats | Video (Unavailable)
UD Twitter: @UDallasSports
UD Baseball Twitter: @UDallasBaseball
UD Facebook: University of Dallas Athletics
UD Instagram: udallasathletics
Dates: February 22nd-24th
Times: February 22nd 5:00 p.m. | February 23rd 5:00 p.m. | February 24th 10:00 a.m.
Opponents: Blackburn College (IL), North Central College (IL), Wilmington College (Ohio)
Records: Dallas (5-3), Blackburn College (0-0), North Central College (0-0), Wilmington College (0-0)
Location: Southern Illinois University | Carbondale, Illinois
The University of Dallas baseball team will travel to Southern Illinois University for the NCC-Saluki Tournament. UD will play three games over the weekend (Feb. 22-24). The Crusaders will first take on Blackburn College (IL) on Friday at 5:00 p.m. The next day UD will face North Central College (IL) at 5:00 p.m. Dallas will wrap up the tournament on Sunday against Wilmington College (Ohio) at 10:00 a.m.
- Josh Abalos (Lewisville, Texas) is 8-8 on stolen base attempts. He also is the team leader with nine runs scored.
- Jessup Scott (Lewiston, Idaho) is leading the team in batting average (.375), slugging percentage (.500), hits (9), and doubles (3).
- Conrad Voss (Corona, Calif.) has pitched 18 innings through three games for a 3-0 record on the mound.
- Dallas is 5-0 leading after six innings.
BY THE NUMBERS
- Dallas holds a 3-2 all-time record versus Blackburn College. The Crusaders won a three-game series against the Beavers last season taking two out of three games in Irving.
- UD has never faced North Central College or Wilmington College.
A LOOK AT THE OPPONENTS
- The Beavers were 10-29 last year.
- Blackburn graduated four seniors from the rotation last season.
-Steven Diaz returns to the lineup after posting a .316 batting average playing in 39 games last year.
- The team finished with a .347 on base percentage.
- Dallas beat Blackburn 9-1 and 10-6 to take the series win last year. BC won the series finale 10-6.
(North Central College)
- The Cardinals finished last season 29-14.
- The team graduated two of their batting leaders.
- Rob Marinec brings some veteran experience to the plate after he drove in 29 RBI with 31 hits last year.
- Charlie Klemm is back for his sophomore season as he tied for a team lead with six wins on the bump.
- NCC was 4-8 in neutral site games in 2018.
- The Quakers ended the 2018 season with an 11-26 overall record.
- Pitchers contributed for 253 strikeouts last season.
- Jake Hyatt comes back to the lineup after recording 35 hits and 29 RBI in 144 at bats.
- Jared Ferenchak is back in the rotation after pitching 47.2 innings last campaign with a 4.34 ERA.
- The team was 4-2 in neutral site outings in 2018.
Dallas will take on Dallas Christian College for a three-game series (Feb. 1-2). It will begin at DCC on Friday with a 2:00 p.m. start. The series will then shift to Irving for a doubleheader on Saturday starting at 12:00 p.m.