HOW TO FOLLOW
UD Twitter: @UDallasSports
UD Baseball Twitter: @UDallasBaseball
UD Facebook: University of Dallas Athletics
UD Instagram: udallasathletics
Date: March 11th (9 innings)
Time: 3:00 p.m.
Opponent: Hardin-Simmons University
Records: Dallas (10-4), Hardin-Simmons (6-9)
Location: Abilene, Texas
The University of Dallas baseball team will travel to Abilene, Texas to take on Hardin-Simmons University on Monday (Mar. 11) for a single nine inning game. First pitch is set for 3:00 p.m. The Crusaders are coming off a three-game sweep over Dallas Christian College last weekend.
- Conrad Voss (Corona, Calif.) was named Southern Collegiate Athletic Conference (SCAC) pitcher of the Week. Voss blanked Dallas Christian College through six innings, retiring 10-straight batters during one stretch and struck out a season-high five batters.
- Voss ranks atop the SCAC standings by matching a career-high four wins on the season, with an overall 4-1 record on the mound.
- Zachary Taylor (Humble, Texas) leads the team and is T-3 in the SCAC with 19 strikeouts.
- Tyler Montemayor (Boerne, Texas) is tied for the conference lead with three saves on the year.
- Stickler has now reached base safely in all but two games this season. He currently has a six-game on base streak.
- Jessup Scott (Lewiston, Idaho) is tied for the conference-lead with 14 RBI.
- Stickler continues to climb up the all-time stolen base record board. He now ranks fourth all-time in UD history (60). Abalos is now tied for seventh all-time in successful stolen bases (46).
BY THE NUMBERS
- Dallas holds an 8-7 all-time record over Hardin-Simmons.
- UD last played the Cowboys on February 12, 2017 at AirHogs Stadium in Grand Prairie. The Crusaders came out on top 6-3.
- HSU notched a three-game sweep over UD in the last series in Abilene.
A LOOK AT THE COWBOYS
- Hunter Garrison leads the team with 11 runs off of 20 hits, drawing 12 walks. Garrison is tied with Jamie Dominguez for a team-leading 12 RBI.
- Garrison has a .317 batting percentage in 63 at bats.
- The Cowboys have gathered their only wins on the season when Jaxon Terrell and Hayden Clark have started on the mound. Terrell is 3-2 , while Clark is 3-1 on the bump.
- Terrell leads the team with 31 strikeouts this season.
- In the Cowboys last game against Sul Ross State University, the team scored a season-high 13 runs off of 14 hits, while producing 12 RBI.
Dallas will host Blackburn College (IL) on Thursday (Mar. 14). First pitch is scheduled for 2:00 p.m.