HOW TO FOLLOW
UD Twitter: @UDallasSports
UD Baseball Twitter: @UDallasBaseball
UD Facebook: University of Dallas Athletics
UD Instagram: udallasathletics
Date: March 14th (9 innings)
Time: 3:00 p.m.
Opponent: Blackburn College (IL)
Records: Dallas (10-4), Blackburn (0-6)
Location: Irving, Texas, Crusader Field
The University of Dallas baseball team will be back home to take on Blackburn College (IL) on Thursday for a single nine inning game. First pitch is scheduled for 2:00 p.m. from Crusader Field. The Crusaders last game against Hardin-Simmons University was postponed due to rain. The makeup date is now Tuesday April 9th with first pitch scheduled for 7:00 p.m. Dallas will look to continue its strong start to the season with a six-game home stretch coming up.
- Conrad Voss (Corona, Calif.) was named Southern Collegiate Athletic Conference (SCAC) pitcher of the Week. Voss blanked Dallas Christian College through six innings, retiring 10-straight batters during one stretch and struck out a season-high five batters.
- Voss ranks atop the SCAC standings by matching a career-high four wins on the season, with an overall 4-1 record on the mound.
- Zachary Taylor (Humble, Texas) leads the team and is T-3 in the SCAC with 19 strikeouts.
- Tyler Montemayor (Boerne, Texas) is tied for the conference lead with three saves on the year.
- Stickler has now reached base safely in all but two games this season. He currently has a six-game on base streak.
- Jessup Scott (Lewiston, Idaho) is tied for the conference-lead with 14 RBI.
- Stickler continues to climb up the all-time stolen base record board. He now ranks fourth all-time in UD history (60). Abalos is now tied for seventh all-time in successful stolen bases (46).
BY THE NUMBERS
- Dallas beat Blackburn College 14-2 this year at the NCC- Saluki Tournament on February 22nd. Jordan Stickler (Grand Rapids, Mich.) led Dallas with three RBI in the game.
A LOOK AT THE BEAVERS
- Blackburn College will play the University of Mary Hardin-Baylor on Wednesday before facing Dallas.
- The Beavers are batting .268 as a team.
- Ryan Steen holds the team lead in RBI (7).
- Isaac Garrett has completed the most innings of work on the mound (12 IP).
- Christian Padilla and Steven Diaz have both played in six games and are the two lone bats hiiting over .400.
Dallas will begin Southern Collegiate Athletic Conference (SCAC) play on Saturday (Mar. 16) as they host No. 3 Trinity University for a three-game series. A doubleheader will start at 12:00 p.m. on Saturday followed by the series finale on Sunday scheduled for 1:00 p.m.