HOW TO FOLLOW
UD Twitter: @UDallasSports
UD Baseball Twitter: @UDallasBaseball
UD Facebook: University of Dallas Athletics
UD Instagram: udallasathletics
Dates: March 16th (9 innings) (DH) | March 17th (9 innings)
Times: March 16th 12:00 p.m. (DH) | March 17th 1:00 p.m.
Opponent: Trinity University
Records: Trinity (12-3) | Dallas (10-5)
Location: Irving, Texas, Crusader Field
The University of Dallas baseball team will host No. 3 Trinity University for a three-game series to open up Southern Collegiate Athletic Conference (SCAC) play. The doubleheader will begin at 12:00 p.m. on Saturday. The series will wrap up on Sunday with first pitch set for 1:00 p.m. The Crusaders are coming off a tough 7-6 loss to Blackburn College in 10 innings on Thursday. UD will look to improve on a 2-16 record in conference play a year ago starting this weekend.
- Dallas was tabbed to finish tied for 5th place in SCAC preseason voting.
- Jessup Scott (Lewiston, Idaho) sits in a tie for third place among SCAC players with a team-leading 14 RBI.
- Conrad Voss (Corona, Calif.) has four wins to lead UD. That mark is tied for the best in the SCAC. Zachary Taylor (Humble, Texas) and Jamie Wallace (Crockett, Texas) are right behind their teammate with three wins on the mound.
- Tyler Montemayor (Boerne, Texas) has three saves on the campaign. He curently is in second place among conference players.
- Luke Boylson (Fairview, Texas) has blasted three homeruns on the season, while Taylor has smoked two. They both rank in the top-five in the SCAC.
BY THE NUMBERS
- Trinity took the series sweep over Dallas last year winning 4-3, 9-5, 7-4 in San Antonio.
- TU has won the last 13 meetings. Dallas last beat the Tigers in 2014.
A LOOK AT THE TIGERS
- Trinity was picked to tie for first place in SCAC preseason votes.
- Mason Meridith is sitting in third place among conference players with a .410 batting average.
- John Tucker and Meridith are tied for the team lead with 14 RBI.
- Corey Cater has produced a 1.66 earned run average to lead the Tigers. That mark is also good enough for second-best in the SCAC.
- Mark Tindall, Ian Husian, and James Nittoli sit three-four-five among conference leaders with 26, 25, and 24 strikeouts, respectively.
Dallas will continue its home stretch by playing a doubleheader against non-conference opponent Howard Payne University on Tuesday (Mar. 19). Game 1 is scheduled for 1:00 p.m.