HOW TO FOLLOW
UD Twitter: @UDallasSports
UD Baseball Twitter: @UDallasBaseball
UD Facebook: University of Dallas Athletics
UD Instagram: udallasathletics
Dates: April 19th (9 innings) (DH) | April 20th
Times: April 19th 12:00 p.m. (DH) | April 20th 1:00 p.m.
Opponent: Southwestern University
Records: Southwestern University (18-14, 6-6 SCAC) | Dallas (16-17, 3-9 SCAC)
Location: Irving, Texas | Crusader Field
The University of Dallas baseball team will make its final home appearance of the season this weekend against Southwestern University. On Friday a doubleheader is scheduled to start at 12:00 p.m. Saturday will feature Senior Day festivities with first pitch set for 1:00 p.m. The Crusaders are coming off a 1-2 weekend at Schreiner University.
- Nathan Patton (McKinney, Texas) cracked the top ten in batting average among conference players with a .359 after going 6-9 at the plate and driving in four runs against Schreiner
- Jamie Wallace (Crockett, Texas) placed himself in fifth place among SCAC players with a 3.63 earned run average.
- Conrad Voss (Corona, Calif.) picked up his conference-leading seventh win over the weekend. Voss earned United States Collegiate Athletic Association (USCAA) Pitcher of the Week on April 9th after stifling the bats of Thomas More in his outing.
- Abalos leads the team with 82 assists on the field.
Dallas will acknowledge eight seniors on Saturday before the game. Those being recognized will be Josh Abalos, Seth Hanson (Apache Junction, Ariz.), Paul Scioli (Lubbock, Texas), Jessup Scott (Lewiston, Idaho), Joseph Griesbauer (Troy, Mo.), Luke Boylson (Fairview, Texas), Jordan Stickler, and Mark Peterson (Cincinnati, Ohio).
BY THE NUMBERS
- The Pirates won the series last season 2-1. SU took game one 9-8 and game three 17-3, while Dallas took the second game of the series 11-3.
- Southwestern owns a 41-23 all-time record.
A LOOK AT THE PIRATES
- Austin Smith leads the conference with 86 strikeouts. He also leads his team with six wins.
- Colton Hunter sits right behind his teammate with 67 strikeouts.
- Daniel Montgomery Jr. leads the team with 36 RBI, .366 batting average, and nine homeruns.
- SU is coming off a 9-0 win against Hardin-Simmons University.
- The Pirates are 9-8 in true road games this season.
Dallas will finish up the regular season with a trip to Austin College next Saturday and Sunday (April. 27-28). Saturday's doubleheader will begin at 1:00 p.m. On Sunday the finale is scheduled to start at 1:00 pm.