UD Twitter: @UDallasSports
UD Men's Basketball Twitter: @UDallasMBB
UD Facebook: University of Dallas Athletics
UD Men's Basketball Facebook: University of Dallas Basketball
UD Instagram: udallasathletics
The University of Dallas men's basketball team begins a three-game road trip over the Thanksgiving Break. Tuesday marks the first road date at Hendrix College. Tip-off is slated at 7:30 p.m.
The Crusaders (1-0) defeated Millsaps College 73-68 in their season opener last Wednesday.
3 TAKEAWAYS FROM OPENER
- Darrius Colvin (Waco, Texas) led all scorers with 23 points and had 14 of them in the second half. Colvin scored the go-ahead layup with 1:10 remaining and had the next pair of free throws to put his squad up four. Colvin shot 8-of-10 at the charity stripe.
- Spencer Levi (St. Louis, Mo.) performed well in his collegiate debut with 17 points and a team-high 12 rebounds in the start. He shot 6-of-7 from the field and pulled down five rebounds on the offensive glass.
- Dallas outrebounded the Majors 43-37, and 14-8 in offensive rebounds. The Crusaders also held a 22-13 edge in points on turnovers.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
BY THE NUMBERS
- The Crusaders are 14-17 in the all-time series versus Hendrix, but have won five of the past six meetings.
- Last season UD prevailed in both matchups that went to overtime. In Conway, graduate Lorenzo Gonzalez nailed a game-tying three-pointer at the buzzer in regulation, and the team in navy and white eventually won 89-88.
- The Warriors are 0-3 this season, and dropped their past two games this weekend in the Southern Collegiate Athletic Conference/Southern Athletic Association Classic held at Austin College. The setbacks were to the host school (91-83) and Centenary College (81-70).
- Tuesday's contest with UD will be the home opener for the Warriors.
- Last season, Hendrix went 11-15 overall and 7-7 in the SAA.
- In HC's most recent game, Sean Criswell led a trio of players in double figures with a double-double 17 points and 10 rebounds. Marcus Hall followed with 15 points off the bench and Kam Bransfield added 13.
Dallas continues its road stint up into the Midwest on November 25th-26th. The Crusaders will play at Fontbonne University at 7 p.m. and then conclude the trip at Illinois College at 1 p.m.