HOW TO FOLLOW
UD Twitter: @UDallasSports
UD Men's Basketball Twitter: @UDallasMBB
UD Facebook: University of Dallas Athletics
UD Men's Basketball Facebook: University of Dallas Basketball
UD Instagram: udallasathletics
The University of Dallas men's basketball team continues its conference home swing this weekend. On Friday, the Crusaders host Texas Lutheran University with a 5:30 p.m. tip-off. On Sunday, Dallas is slated to face Southwestern University at 12 p.m.
Dallas (9-6, 3-2 SCAC) is coming off a 1-2 stretch over five days last week. The Crusaders won its third game versus a Southern Collegiate Athletic Conference (SCAC) opponent last Friday in an 83-78 final over Centenary. Last time out, UD was unable to overcome an early deficit to Austin College.
Coming into the weekend, Dallas is tied with Centenary in the league standings at 3-2. The two are behind Trinity University and Schreiner University are at the top with 3-1 marks.
- Spencer Levi (St. Louis, Mo.) currently sits fifth in the nation with a 71.8 field goal percentage. That mark still leads the SCAC and United States Collegiate Athletic Association (USCAA).
- Levi climbed up to 11th in the country for rebounds-per-game with an 11.1-clip. He is atop the SCAC and 2nd in the USCAA for that category, which was boasted by his 19 and 15 totals the past two games.
- The freshman also is only one-of-six players still averaging 3.00 blocks on the season. Levi is tied 6th with 45 overall and only eight behind the national leader.
- Finally, Levi checks in fourth in the SCAC and USCAA with 19.3 points-per-game (ppg).
- Darrius Colvin (Waco, Texas) is the other player on the team above 200 points with 15.9 ppg. He is averaging 19.3 points at the Maher Center, including a career-high 29 in his last contest.
- Michael Wambsganss (Denver, Colo.) is averaging 12.6 points and shooting 42.6 percent from three-point territory (5th SCAC).
- The Crusaders are first in the conference for scoring defense (74.7), field goal percentage (47.6), and assists (17.1). They are second in blocked shots with 74 total.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
Social Media Highlights
Happy 1st Day of Classes at #UDallas! Hope to see you back at the Maher Center later this week! #UDCrusaders Men's Basketball take on Texas Lutheran and Southwestern! | @UDallasMBB @UDBlueCrew #GoUD #UDMBB #SCACmbb #d3h pic.twitter.com/9qRtaqIC9A— UDallas Athletics (@UDallasSports) January 17, 2018
BY THE NUMBERS
- All-Time Records: Texas Lutheran (6-11) | Southwestern University (17-38).
- Dallas last picked up wins against both teams in 2014-15.
- UD dropped a 7-point decision (77-79) to the Bulldogs in Irving last year. Colvin had a team-high 15 points and added four blocks. Prince Giadolor (Rockwall, Texas) scored 11 points.
- In Dallas' home setback to Southwestern (85-73), Giadolor went for 17 points, four assists, rebounds, and two steals. Colvin chipped in 16 points and five boards.
- The Bulldogs are 5-10 on the season and 1-3 against SCAC teams. They are 2-5 on opponent home floors.
- Last weekend, Texas Lutheran was topped at home by Trinity (83-67) and Schreiner (81-70) in overtime.
- Nathan Josephs is the top scorer on the team with 262 points (17.5 ppg). Alex Cage follows with 10.5 ppg, while Jackson Willoughby (9.9), Jacob Kouremetis (9.7), and Sebastian Andrade (9.3) are just beneath double figures.
- Josephs and Cage are also the top duo in assists with 55 and 43, respectively.
- Matthew Gillette leads all players on the glass with 102.
- The Pirates are 6-9 overall and 2-2 in conference play. They have gone 4-3 in away games.
- After starting league action with two wins, Southwestern dropped a pair at home to Schreiner (94-88), and Trinity (101-96 OT) last weekend. SU is at Colorado College on Friday.
- Ryan Ogden leads the team with 16.1 ppg. Ryan Wheeler and Brandon Alexander are also scoring high totals with 14.7 and 14.5 averages. The team is averaging 81.3 points this campaign.
- Ogden also is first on the leaderboard with 97 rebounds. He is second in assists with 36, and only behind Luke Hicks' team-high of 45.
- Southwestern is tied with Centenary for the most made three-point field goals (125).
Dallas will begin the second half of conference play with familiar opponents. The venues switch as the Crusaders play at Texas Lutheran University (Jan. 26th) and Southwestern University (Jan. 27th).