HOW TO FOLLOW
UD Twitter: @UDallasSports
UD Men's Basketball Twitter: @UDallasMBB
UD Facebook: University of Dallas Athletics
UD Men's Basketball Facebook: University of Dallas Basketball
UD Instagram: udallasathletics
The University of Dallas men's basketball team continues its five-game road trip with a pair of conference games over the second straight weekend. Dallas tips at 5:30 p.m. on Friday at Centenary College, and then go to Austin College on Saturday for a 4 p.m. start.
The Crusaders (12-8, 5-4 SCAC) have won their last three games in response to a recent three-game slide. They started the road swing with five-point victories at Texas Lutheran University and Southwestern University. The nice stretch continued Monday in UD's final non-conference contest of the season with a big triumph at Arlington Baptist. The Crusaders scored a season-high 103 points in the route.
Friday's matchup features teams deadlocked in second place in the tight Southern Collegiate Athletic Conference (SCAC) standings. The Crusaders have been near the top of the standings at times this winter, but also were as low as sixth entering play before this good stretch.
THREE THINGS TO KNOW
- Spencer Levi (St. Louis, Mo.) remains atop the conference leaderboard in rebounds (11.5) and field goal shooting percentage (70.1). Those marks, along with his 2.8 blocks-per-game, are ranked top-10 in the country.
- Joshua Nunn (St. Louis, Mo.) has eclipsed double-digits in three of his last four outings. The point guard has made 19 consecutive free throws in six straight games with an attempt. That stretch began on January 12th at home against Centenary.
- Darrius Colvin (Waco, Texas) is averaging 14.6 points-per-game (ppg) in road games compared to a 19.2-clip in games at the Maher Center. However, Colvin has amassed 63 points on the trip so far with 23, 20, and 19 point performances in respective games. The junior also has now scored a new season-high 338 points.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
- Levi set the season record for total blocks by reaching 54. He now has 57 and is ranked third in NCAA Division III. Levi is also one rejection behind the top two players with the same mark for first.
- In addition to the freshman forward's impressive record milestone, the Dallas men's basketball program has shattered the team blocks record that was set in 2016-17 at 84. Last Saturday in Georgetown, the Crusaders posted seven to lift the team to 88 on the year. Coming into tomorrow's game, that amount increased to 92.
EARLIER SEASON MATCHUPS
- The Crusaders defeated Centenary College at the Maher Center a couple weeks ago, 83-78. Both teams were even in conference play at the time as well. Dallas was up by five at halftime, and used a big run early out of the break to up by 14 points. Levi scored 28 points and was two rebounds (19) shy of tying the single-game record. Full Recap
- Dallas fell to Austin College in their first matchup this season by an 85-78 final. UD shrunk a large deficit in the first half to 13 at intermission, and eventually got within a point midway into the second half. Still, the 'Roos were able to hang on. Colvin netted 29 points for a personal-best. Full Recap
BY THE NUMBERS
- Dallas fell on the road to both these teams in 2016-17. At Centenary the final was 97-81, and 77-66 was the result in Sherman.
Dallas returns home a final time this season with Trinity University on Feb. 9th and Schreiner University on Feb. 11th.