HOW TO FOLLOW
UD Twitter: @UDallasSports
UD Men's Basketball Twitter: @UDallasMBB
UD Facebook: University of Dallas Athletics
UD Men's Basketball Facebook: University of Dallas Basketball
UD Instagram: udallasathletics
The University of Dallas men's basketball team plays its final two contests at the Maher Center this weekend. On Friday, the Crusaders host Trinity University (12-9, 6-4 SCAC) with a 5:30 p.m. start time. On Sunday, Dallas will face first place Schreiner University (12-9, 9-1 SCAC) at 12 p.m.
Prior to the final home tip-off, Emmanuel Calton (Keller, Texas) will be recognized for Senior Day.
The Crusaders (13-9, 6-5 SCAC) completed a 4-1 road trip last Sunday with a 99-80 victory at Austin College. Spencer Levi (St. Louis, Mo.) and Joshua Nunn (St. Louis, Mo.) shot 11-13 and 10-12, respectively, as UD matched the free throw record with 37 total.
Dallas currently sits in fourth place in the Southern Collegiate Athletic Conference (SCAC). Friday's tilt features Trinity, who is a half game ahead in third place.
SCAC CHANGE FOR THE BETTER
Change-For-Change is a national non-profit organization that inspires people to build a better world through giving. This organization is based on the idea that small change can be used to make big changes in our community. This year, Dallas' Student Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC) is partnering with Change-For-Change to help raise money for the Special Olympics, an organization that Division III athletics also partners with. Through your giving, we can help build our Special Olympics family and give back to our community.
LISTING LEVI IN THE STATS
NCAA Division III Rankings
- Field Goal Percentage: 70.6% (4th)
- Total Blocks: 60 (Tied 5th)
- Blocked Shots Per Game: 2.73 (8th)
- Total Rebounds: 255 (6th)
- Rebounds Per Game: 11.6 (8th)
- Double-Doubles: 15 (Tied 4th)
- 1st in FG% and Rebounding average
- 4th in scoring average with 18.5 points
- 1st in FG% and tied 1st in Blk-Per-Game
- 3rd in Rebounds Per Game
THREE THINGS TO KNOW FOR UD
- Levi has notched a double-double in 10-of-11 SCAC games this season. The only opponent to keep him from the feat was Trinity, but the freshman forward was only a board shy.
- Michael Wambsganss (Denver, Colo.) heated back up last week in three road games, by amassing 57 points thanks to 19-33 field goal shooting and 13-24 from 3-point territory. His 41.4 three-point percentage surfaced into fifth in the SCAC this week.
- Nunn has eclipsed double-digits in scoring the last four games (all starts) and five-of-six games. The freshman point guard has notched double figures on six occasions overall his rookie season.
EARLIER SEASON MATCHUPS
- Dallas dropped the first game of 2018 last month at Trinity University in a 64-57 fashion. Averaging about 78 points at that season juncture, the Crusaders shot 32.8 percent and scored a season-low at the time. Levi led the team with 17 points. Full Recap
- The Crusaders have been the lone blemish on Schreiner's conference record this season. In 71-68 win at Kerrville, Levi delivered a career-high 33 points thanks to 23 in the second half. Levi added 10 rebounds and four blocks. Darrius Colvin (Waco, Texas) contributed 13 points and seven rebounds. Full Recap
BY THE NUMBERS
- Dallas defeated the Tigers 83-70 at the Maher Center last season. The past three years, the Crusaders have prevailed in the home meeting.
- UD was topped 81-75 by Schreiner in 2016-17. Colvin poured a game-high 25 points.
Dallas finishes the regular season on February 17th at the site of the SCAC Men's Basketball Tournament two weekends away, Colorado College. The tip between the Crusaders and Tigers will be at 1 p.m. (MST).