(Photo courtesy of Southern Arkansas)
MAGNOLIA, Ark. – The University of Dallas men's track and field team spent Friday (throw only) and Saturday at the 2nd Annual Dan Veach Invitational hosted by Southern Arkansas University.
Kevin McGuirk (Front Royal, Va.) broke the school record in the 400 Meter Hurdles with a 59.69 time. The previous record was 1:00.15 held by Nick Heyne at the University of Dallas Invitational on March 4th, 2006.
- McGuirk's best time in the 400m Hurdles notched him seventh place.
- Prince Giadolor (Rockwall, Texas) hit an 11.49 second time in the 100 Meters for 11th. He narrowly edged the next runner by 0.01 seconds in the 200 Meters for 15th with a 23.27 mark.
- Shivam Mishra (Jamshedpur, India) ran a 2:23.18 personal record (PR) in the 800 Meters.
- Joseph Boyle (St. Paul, Minn.) earned seventh in the 5,000 Meters with a 17:58.18 time.
- Jonah Costello (Anchorage, Alaska) ran in the 200m for the first time this spring.
- Charles Obegolu and McGuirk (Dallas, Texas) made their throwing debuts in the Javelin throw.
Dallas continues its season next weekend on April 7th in the TLU Bulldog Relays.