HOW TO FOLLOW
UD Twitter: @UDallasSports
UD Softball Twitter: @UDallasSoftball
UD Facebook: University of Dallas Athletics
UD Softball Facebook: University of Dallas Softball
UD Instagram: udallasathletics
UD Softball Instagram: udallas_softball
The University of Dallas softball team continues an eight-game stretch at home to begin the 2018 season. Due to poor weather predicted Saturday morning, the games versus Southwestern Assemblies of God University were moved to Friday, February 16th. The doubleheader starts at 6 p.m.
Dallas (1-1) split its season opener a week ago against Hendrix College. The Crusaders used an eight-run 6th inning to comeback from down two and hold onto a 12-6 victory. The nightcap was a 7-2 setback for UD.
THREE THINGS TO KNOW FOR UD
- Mel Savala (Bryan, Texas) produced a 5-for-8 last Friday overall to lead the team in hits. Her .625 batting average is second in the Southern Collegiate Athletic Conference (SCAC). She also leads the team with three RBI, and is 3-for-3 in steals.
- Lauren Galvan (Bryan, Texas) and Maggie Watts (Arcadia, La.) made a start last Friday. Galvan earned a win despite allowing six runs in six innings. Watts allowed four earned runs, while going seven frames.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
BY THE NUMBERS
- All-time Series: Dallas leads 10-8
- These teams met for Fall Ball in 2017, with Dallas prevailing 5-4 and 5-3.
SCOUTING THE LIONS
- SAGU is 5-5-1 this season. The team is coming off two wins tonight over Jarvis Christian College (7-4, 9-0).
- The Lions have outscored their opponents 59-30 and 36-12 through in the 1st three innings.
- Kristin Stringer has logged 10 hits for a team-high.
- Morgan Valentino, Kayla Milstead, and Bailey Balloun each have seven hits. Valention and Milstead boast team-highs in doubles with three apiece.
- Two pitchers have thrown 20 innings or more led by Rachel Ray with 25. She is 2-2 with a 2.52 ERA. Casey Waterman has yielded a 1.40 ERA through 20 frames.
Dallas continues its home stretch with Simpson College on Feb. 24th at 12 p.m.