HOW TO FOLLOW
UD Twitter: @UDallasSports
UD Softball Twitter: @UDallasSoftball
UD Facebook: University of Dallas Athletics
UD Softball Facebook: University of Dallas Softball
UD Instagram: udallasathletics
UD Softball Instagram: udallas_softball
The University of Dallas softball team is scheduled to wrap up its home stretch with a non-conference doubleheader on Wednesday evening versus LeTourneau University. Game one is slated to begin at 5 p.m.
Weather has affected the Crusaders (1-3) schedule so far this campaign. Last Saturday, rainfall and poor field conditions cancelled a twinbill with Simpson College. Dallas last played on February 16th against Southwestern Assemblies of God, which were moved up a day due to potential bad weather, too.
THREE THINGS TO KNOW FOR UD
- Dallas is batting .255 and has totaled 28 base hits, 18 runs, and 13 RBI.
- Mel Savala (Bryan, Texas) and Caitlyn Stevenson (Henderson, Nev.) are the top two hitters having combined for 11 hits with six and five, respectively. A trio of players have recorded three base knocks.
BY THE NUMBERS
- All-time Series: 11-17
- Dallas dropped a doubleheader in Longview last season.
- Two years ago in Irving, these teams split. Dallas answered a 9-2 loss with an 8-2 victory. Stephanie Cervantes (Temecula, Calif.) went 2-for-3 with a double, home run, and drove in five runs.
SCOUTING THE YELLOWJACKETS
- LeTourneau is 2-3 overall and 1-2 in the American Southwest Conference (ASC)
- Weather affected the team last weekend in a conference series against Sul Ross State University.
- So far the YellowJackets have played all away contests.
- Jacie Gilbert is the team's top hitter with eight knocks in 13 at bats for a .615 average. Three players: Hana Bonner, Katelyn Trombley, and Ethel Warren have chipped in seven hits apiece.
- Trombley has crushed a home run and team-leading three doubles.
- Three pitchers have thrown at least seven innings and all made one start.
Dallas embarks on its first road trip on March 3rd-4th. Huntingdon College will be hosting UD and College of Mount St. Joseph (OH). The Crusaders start things with a neutral site at 12 p.m. and then face Huntingdon afterwards. On Sunday, the Crusaders play the same teams in order again with an earlier start time at 10 a.m.