HOW TO FOLLOW
UD Twitter: @UDallasSports
UD Softball Twitter: @UDallasSoftball
UD Facebook: University of Dallas Athletics
UD Softball Facebook: University of Dallas Softball
UD Instagram: udallasathletics
UD Softball Instagram: udallas_softball
The University of Dallas softball team opens Southern Collegiate Athletic Conference (SCAC) play on March 9th-10th at home versus Texas Lutheran University.
Dallas (1-7) returned to action for the first time in nearly two weeks, and fell by a run in all four road games at a tournament hosted at Huntingdon College. The Crusaders also took on Mount St. Joseph in a pair of neutral site games.
- Caitlyn Stevenson (Henderson, Nev.) has recorded a base hit in every contest this spring, and had eight hits over the previous weekend. A 3-for-5 highlighted the stretch in Sunday's 10-inning matchup with MSJ.
- Fellow freshman Liz Cordova (Oklahoma City, Okla.) is second on the team in hits (9), and has recorded a quartet of two-hit games.
BY THE NUMBERS
- The Crusaders are seeking their first win in the all-time series with TLU.
SCOUTING THE BULLDOGS
- Texas Lutheran holds a 7-1 record overall.
- The team is coming off a 5-1 mark at the NFCA Leadoff Classic, including three wins over top-25 teams. The lone setback on the campaign came to the nation's top-ranked team and defending national champion, Virginia Wesleyan University.
- The Bulldogs have won the regular season title and conference tournament the previous three years, and were picked first in the preseason predicted order of finish.
- Kassie Maddox and Kelly Jurden are atop the team in season hits with 13 and 11, respectively. Maddox has driven in nine.
- Maddox has also led the staff with 22.1 innings, spinning a 1.25 ERA. Maitlin Raycroft has fanned 36 hitters and owns a 4-0 record.
Dallas plays 16 of the next 20 games with SCAC teams. The next weekend will be the first conference road games with Austin College on Mar. 17th-18th.