HOW TO FOLLOW
UD Twitter: @UDallasSports
UD Softball Twitter: @UDallasSoftball
UD Facebook: University of Dallas Athletics
UD Softball Facebook: University of Dallas Softball
UD Instagram: udallasathletics
UD Softball Instagram: udallas_softball
Dates: April 14th (7 innings) (DH) | April 15th (7 innings) (DH)
Times: April 14th starts at 1 p.m. | April 15th starts at 12 p.m.
Opponent: Centenary College
Records: Dallas (6-22, 1-11 SCAC) | Centenary (13-17, 4-8 SCAC)
Location: Shreveport, Louisiana, Centenary Softball Complex
The University of Dallas softball team finishes a 10-game road trip with a four-game series at Centenary College on April 14th-15th. These will be the final away games this regular season.
Dallas has dropped its last six games, which includes a four-game sweep at Schreiner University last weekend. It has been a busy stretch for the Crusaders, who were topped 2-0 and 7-2 on Wednesday at Concordia University in a pair of out of league games.
- Gabbie Underwood (La Verne, Calif.), Liz Cordova (Oklahoma City, Okla.), and Alicia Enciso (Corona, Calif.) are the top hitters on the team batting over .300. The freshmen trio is hitting .375, .329, and .325 respective clips.
- Seven players have produced double-digit totals in hits. Underwood leads with 30, Enciso follows with 26, and Cordova and Caitlyn Stevenson (Henderson, Nev.) have posted 25 apiece.
- Enciso is the team leader on the squad in doubles with seven. Julie Duenas (Houston, Texas) has tagged five doubles. Cordova rounds out the group with four. The outfielder has added a triple and is the only player with multiple homers (2).
- Underwood and Enciso have the most hits in the conference with 13 and 10.
- Maggie Watts (Arcadia, La.) leads the team with 85.1 innings pitched. She has spun a 3.86 ERA in 17 appearances (11 starts).
BY THE NUMBERS
- All-Time Series: Even at 11-11
- In 2017, the teams split the four games with Centenary sweeping day one (5-0, 6-5), and UD sweeping day two (11-3, 11-6).
- The last meeting in Shreveport was in 2016. The Crusaders split that series, with three of them going eight innings.
A LOOK AT CENTENARY
- Anna Dunn leads the conference with nine home runs, and ranks second in the conference with 34 RBI. She is also the leader on the team in hits with 29 and is batting a .367 average.
- Kelsey Ancelot leads the team with a .373 batting average (28 hits) and is 17-of-19 in successful stolen bases.
- Wendy Gillet completes the top three hitters with 25 base knocks and is hitting .357.12 of her hits have counted for doubles.
- Payton LeBlanc has scored 22 runs to lead all players. Ancelot (21) and Dunn (20) have also eclipsed 20.
- Nichole Aldridge and Taylor Abshire have combined for 25 starts for Centenary. Aldridge has fanned 33 batters and posted a 3.94 ERA.
- Nine different arms have thrown in the circle this season, but only four have gone at least 7 appearances (10 innings).
Dallas plays its final non-conference games of the year on Tuesday, Apr. 17th, versus LeTourneau University. This is the rescheduled doubleheader from the end of February. First pitch is at 5 p.m.