HOW TO FOLLOW
UD Twitter: @UDallasSports
UD Softball Twitter: @UDallasSoftball
UD Facebook: University of Dallas Athletics
UD Softball Facebook: University of Dallas Softball
UD Instagram: udallasathletics
UD Softball Instagram: udallas_softball
Dates: April 20th (7 innings) (DH) | April 22nd (7 innings) (DH)
Times: April 20th starts at 5 p.m. | April 22nd starts at 12 p.m.
Opponent: Southwestern University
Records: Southwestern (17-14, 6-10 SCAC) | Dallas (7-27, 1-15 SCAC)
Location: Irving, Texas, Crusader Field
The University of Dallas softball team closes out the regular season with the last Southern Collegiate Athletic Conference (SCAC) opponent it has yet to face. The Crusaders welcome Southwestern University with a pair of doubleheader dates to form the four-game home series.
A high rain forecast on Saturday has created a schedule change for the teams. The first two games of the series have been moved to Friday, April 20th, with first pitch of game one at 5 p.m. The twinbill on Sunday remains as scheduled.
Dallas prevailed 3-2 over LeTourneau University to break a 10-game skid on Tuesday. Despite falling short in game two, the Crusaders closed a 10-4 gap to 10-8 when were down to their remaining out and no runners on. Since April 7th, the Crusaders have played 12 games in 11 days.
- Gabbie Underwood (La Verne, Calif.) remains the team leader in batting average (.340), and in runs-batted-in (22). Alicia Enciso (Corona, Calif.) has risen her average to a .339 mark, and is one hit better for the team-high 37.
- Enciso has recorded nine hits in her last 16 at bats (.563), with two being three-hit performances. The freshman shortstop also leads the team in runs scored (20) and doubles (8).
- Caitlyn Stevenson (Henderson, Nev.) rounds out the top three hit leaders with 34. She is the leader on the squad in stolen bases with 10. Her 3-for-5 last outing matched her other highest hit total in a game this season against College of Mount St. Joseph (Mar. 4th).
- Liz Cordova (Oklahoma City, Okla.) rounds out the quartet of UD players with at least 30 hits (31). Her three home runs lead the team, rank 10th in the SCAC, and 11th in the United States Collegiate Athletic Association (USCAA).
- Haley Golden (Lake Dallas, Texas) has recorded seven of her eight hits in the Month of April. Six of them have come in league play.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
BY THE NUMBERS
- All-Time Series: UD is 6-26
- In 2017, the Crusaders dropped all four games in Georgetown.
- Last time in Irving, UD won 3-of-4 games in the regular season. The team also eliminated the Pirates 9-1 (F/5) in an elimination game during the SCAC Tournament.
A LOOK AT THE PIRATES
- Southwestern is on a four-game slide, but all four setbacks were to No. 2 Texas Lutheran University. Prior to that series, the team won 6-of-8 games.
- The Pirates currently sit in fifth in the conference standings, but are two wins behind Centenary College and Trinity University coming into the last weekend.
- Sydney Scott boasts the highest team total for hits (40) with seven doubles, three triples (team-best) and four home runs (2nd on team).
- Katie Bricarell leads the team with five long balls. She has driven in 29. Kaitlynn Copher is another strong hitter that holds the team-highs in doubles (10) and RBI (32). Her 37 base knocks ranks her in the top-two.
- Seven different pitchers have thrown in the circle this season, but only a trio have amassed over 41 innings. Bailey Meyer (73.2) and Nadia Netek (52.2) are the top leaders, with Lindsey Longuet rounding out the unit. She owns the best ERA (1.71).
Dallas will be in Georgetown, Texas, for the SCAC Tournament starting on April 27th. The official brackets will be released at the conclusion of the conference regular season. The Crusaders will be the No. 6 Seed and play the No. 3 Seed that Friday.