HOW TO FOLLOW
UD Twitter: @UDallasSports
UD Softball Twitter: @UDallasSoftball
UD Facebook: University of Dallas Athletics
UD Softball Facebook: University of Dallas Softball
UD Instagram: udallasathletics
UD Softball Instagram: udallas_softball
Dates/Opponents/Times: Feb. 23 vs. Huntingdon College at 10 a.m. | Feb. 23 vs. Mount St. Joseph University at 12 p.m. | Feb. 24 vs. MSJ at 10 a.m. | Feb. 24 vs. Huntingdon at 12 p.m.
Records: Dallas (3-1) | Mount St. Joseph (0-0) | Huntingdon (4-2)
Location: Montgomery, Alabama, Samford Softball Complex
The University of Dallas softball team resumes action with its first road trip of 2019. The Crusaders will play for the second year in a row at Huntingdon College in a tournament with Mount St. Joseph University (OH). Dallas will play each opponent once a day.
Dallas is coming off a 3-1 start at home last weekend with a sweep of Southwestern College (KS) and splitting with Hendrix College. The Crusaders got the walk-off in the 8th inning of game two to boast their best start since 2008.
- Liz Cordova (Oklahoma City, Okla.) earned Southern Collegiate Athletic Conference (SCAC) Player of the Week. She batted .500 (6-12) to start the season with a two doubles, two runs scored and a RBI.
- Caitlyn Stevenson (Henderson, Nev.) follows second on the team in hits (5) and successfully stole two bases in as many attempts. The sophomore infielder adds a double and triple.
- Paige Rasmussen (El Campo, Texas) has won two games and leads the staff with 12 innings pitched.
- Dallas is batting .324 as a team with 34 hits and combined for 21 runs.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
BY THE NUMBERS
- All-Time Series Records: Huntingdon College (1-9) | Mount St. Joseph (0-2)
- Last season, the Crusaders dropped all four games by a run. Each opponent also won in 10 innings.
A LOOK AT THE OPPONENTS
- The Hawks are 4-2 on the season and have won 3 straight.
- Huntingdon is coming off a two-game sweep at Millsaps College last Saturday.
- During the win streak, HC has allowed four combined runs and has posted a shutout.
- McKenzie Ridgway has a team-high nine hits with a double and the team's lone homer. She has also scored and driven in six runs. MacKenzie Smelley leads the run production with seven ribbies.
- Lauren Melton and Madison Hunt are the top leaders in the circle combining for 33.1 innings. Hunt has spun a 0.86 ERA with eight strikeouts while Melton has fanned nine.
(Mount St. Joseph)
- The Lions were selected second in the Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference.
- MSJ finished third in the regular season last year going 23-13 overall and 11-5 in conference games.
- The Lions return HCAC Freshman of the year and a first-team All-HCAC selection Sarah Miller. The pitcher notched a 13-7 record and 2.57 ERA.
- Alehia Tucker returns after being named All-HCAC Second Team. She batted .315 and led the conference with 31 stolen bases.
- Savannah Sturgill is another returner that led the Lions with a .351 average and 27 RBI.
The University of Dallas takes a break before traveling to Texas Lutheran University on March 8-9 to open SCAC action. The road trip extends to Judson College (AL) on Mar. 14 for a non-conference doubleheader.