HOW TO FOLLOW
UD Twitter: @UDallasSports
UD Softball Twitter: @UDallasSoftball
UD Facebook: University of Dallas Athletics
UD Softball Facebook: University of Dallas Softball
UD Instagram: udallasathletics
UD Softball Instagram: udallas_softball
Dates/Times: March 8 (5&7 PM) | March 9 (12&2 PM)
Opponent: Texas Lutheran University
Records: Dallas (3-5, 0-0 SCAC) | Texas Lutheran (6-4, 3-1 SCAC)
Location: Seguin, Texas, ED Kruse Stadium at Morck Field
The University of Dallas softball team returns to action after nearly two weeks off to open Southern Collegiate Athletic Conference (SCAC) play at preseason coaches' poll favorite, Texas Lutheran University. The Crusaders dropped four games at the Huntingdon College Tournament that included a pair of games with the hosts and Mount St. Joseph University.
Dallas announced today the addition of two more road games on this lengthy stretch with a twinbill on Mar. 13 at Mississippi University for Women. This extends the span of games away from Crusader Field to 12.
- Dallas is batting .297 as a team.
- Caitlynn Stevenson (Henderson, Nev.) rounds out the top three hitters with nine base knocks and is tied with Duenas with the most team-RBI (6).
- The Crusaders and their opponents are even in runs scored this season with 219.
- Paige Rasmussen (El Campo, Texas) is the leader in the circle thus far with a 2-2 record, 1.85 ERA (3rd SCAC), and 24.1 innings thrown.
BY THE NUMBERS
- In 2018, the Crusaders dropped all four games in the SCAC series in Irving to the Bulldogs (9-4, 8-2, 8-0 (F/5), 12-1 (F/5).
- UD is seeking its first win against the program.
A LOOK AT THE BULLDOGS
- Texas Lutheran opened its conference season last weekend by taking 3-of-4 from Southwestern University. The Pirates won the finale, 6-5.
- The Bulldogs are 5-3 at home this season.
- Kelly Jurden leads a trio of players in double figures for hits with 16. Cassie Roche (11) and Madisyn Cates (10) are the others to achieve the mark.
- Roche has displayed early power with three homers, two doubles, and nine RBI. She adds nine stolen bases, which just trails Jurden's 12.
- Kelsie Stone has been the top dog in the Circle with a 1.15 ERA over 30.1 innings. Kayla Oliveira is the other main hurler, tossing 24 innings and spinning a 2.63 ERA.
Dallas plays a huge stretch of eight games in five days with games at Mississippi University for Women (Mar. 13), Judson College (Mar. 14), and then start a big home stand with Schreiner University (Mar. 16-17).