HOW TO FOLLOW
UD Twitter: @UDallasSports
UD Softball Twitter: @UDallasSoftball
UD Facebook: University of Dallas Athletics
UD Softball Facebook: University of Dallas Softball
UD Instagram: udallasathletics
UD Softball Instagram: udallas_softball
Dates/Times: March 30 (1 PM & 3 PM) | March 31 (12 PM & 2 PM)
Opponents: Trinity University
Records: Dallas (5-21, 0-12 SCAC), Trinity (10-11, 4-4 SCAC)
Location: San Antonio, Texas
The University of Dallas softball team closes the month at Trinity University for a four-game conference series. Head coach Caitlynn Dykes returns to her alma mater, where she played from 2012-15 as a starting catcher and racked up national and conference honors.
The Crusaders are seeking their first wins in Southern Collegiate Athletic Conference (SCAC) play. They were edged a week ago in a home series with Centenary College. 12 of the team's last 14 games this regular season will be against conference foes.
- Julie Duenas (Houston, Texas) is batting .413 this season. Her four home runs are tied second in the SCAC. Her 14 RBI also are a team-best.
- Caitlyn Stevenson (Henderson, Texas) has hit safely in six-of-eight games, including a five-game hitting streak. She ranks first on the squad in runs scored (15) and is second in hits (27).
- Liz Cordova (Oklahoma City, Okla.) rounds out the top trio of hitters with at least 20 hits (23). Eight of her base knocks have been doubles for a team-most. She has driven in 12 runs for second on UD.
- Paige Rasmussen (El Campo, Texas) remains the leader on the pitching staff with a 2.94 ERA and 52.1 innings pitched.
BY THE NUMBERS
- All-Time Series: UD is 10-22
- Dallas went 1-3 in Irving in 2018 (L, 2-1 | L, 3-2 | L, 3-0 | W, 7-3)
- Dallas won the four-game series (3-0, 3-1, and 3-2) at Trinity in 2017, and dropped the finale, 2-0.
A LOOK AT THE TIGERS
- Trinity is looking to bounce back on its home stand after falling four times to Texas Lutheran last weekend. All contests were shortened due to a run-rule, with a trio of them decided in 6 innings.
- The Tigers are on a 10-game home stretch. They are 1-7 at the home confines.
- Brianna Pena is the leader offensively with a .403 (25-62) batting average. She has laced 11 doubles, homered once, scored a team-leading 15 times, and driving in 12.
- A quintet of players are in double-digits for RBI including: Pena, Lauren Rich (11), Devon Potter (10), Emily Reed (10), and Carli Jones (10).
- Allie Holbrook leads the pitching staff with 15 appearances (11 starts), 59 innings pitched, 36 strikeouts (3rd in SCAC), and a 2.73 ERA. Cat Patterson also has just eclipsed the half century mark for innings thrown with 50.2.
Dallas plays its final home games on April 6-7 versus Austin College. Both start times are at 12 p.m. Prior to the Saturday doubleheader, Mel Savala (Bryan, Texas) and Tera Espinosa (Caldwell, Texas) will be recognized as part of "Senior Day."