HOW TO FOLLOW
UD Twitter: @UDallasSports
UD Softball Twitter: @UDallasSoftball
UD Facebook: University of Dallas Athletics
UD Softball Facebook: University of Dallas Softball
UD Instagram: udallasathletics
UD Softball Instagram: udallas_softball
Dates/Times: April 19 (1:00 PM) (DH) | April 20 (12:00 PM) (DH)
Opponent: Southwestern University
Records: Dallas (7-27, 2-16 SCAC), Southwestern University (29-4, 14-3 SCAC)
Location: Georgetown, Texas, Taylor-Sanders Field
The University of Dallas softball team finishes the regular season with a road conference series at No. 23 Southwestern University. The Crusaders started the six-game road trip this week with a pair of setbacks in non-conference action ((9-1, F/6) | (3-1))at LeTourneau University on Tuesday. .
- Julie Duenas (Houston, Texas) is hitting a team-leading .432 batting average (3rd SCAC). She is also tops on the team with 46 hits (2nd SCAC), four homers (T-3rd SCAC), and 21 RBI. The third baseman has an RBI in five-of-seven games, and pair of double-digit hitting streaks this season (11, 10).
- Liz Cordova (Oklahoma City, Okla.) has driven in 16 runs for second on the team. Her 10 doubles are first on the squad and third in the conference.
- Caitlyn Stevenson (Henderson, Nev.) is the other player eclipsing 30 hits with 36. She has a team-high six stolen bases in seven tries and rounds out a trio of players with 10 RBI. Bri Torres (Cypress, Texas) and Karina Campo (Georgetown, Texas) are the others.
- Dallas' .959 fielding percentage ranks second in the conference just behind No. 15 Texas Lutheran University. It is ahead of this weekend's opponent, who is in third (.952).
- Maggie Watts (Arcadia, La.) has allowed two earned runs on eight hits while walking one and fanning four in a pair of outings in April. She is 1-1 over this span, as she has built her innings to 33.1 total, which is third on the team.
BY THE NUMBERS
- All-Time Series: UD is 7-30
- Dallas picked up a win in Irving last year, going 1-3. These teams met five consecutive times, as UD played the Pirates in the SCAC Quarterfinals in Georgetown last season, falling 5-2.
- The Crusaders have dropped five in a row at Taylor-Sanders Field. Last win came on March 29, 2015, when they split the four-game set. That included an 11-inning thriller (9-8).
A LOOK AT THE PIRATES
- Southwestern Univ. for the second consecutive week is in the top-25 of the National Fastpitch Coaches Association (NFCA). This week SU improved to 23rd after being 25th.
- The Pirates have won 18 straight and are coming off a pair of shutouts over Austin College (9-0, 7-0) in a weather-shortened weekend. The past five conference games have been shutouts (6-of-7).
- The Pirates pitching has thrown eight shutouts this spring, and has combined for a 2.54 ERA. Lindsey Lunguet has been a huge part of the staff, leading with 95 innings thrown. Her 12 wins and 79 strikeouts mark a league best. Bailey Meyer and Nadia Netek each have seven wins to round out the top-five in the SCAC.
- Celeste Silvas is the only player with more hits than UD's Duenas with 47. She is hitting .412, as she has three doubles, a triple, and 14 RBI. Kaitlynn Copher has eclipsed 40 hits with 42 and is the team-leader with 29 runs to go with seven doubles, three triples, and two homers. Katie Bricarell has pounded 10 home runs and driven in 36 runs.
- SU is hitting a combined .343 with a 316 to 195 difference in hit total. The Pirates have amassed 48 doubles, eight triples, 14 home runs, and 191 runs.
Dallas will be the No. 6 Seed at the Southern Collegiate Athletic Conference (SCAC) Tournament hosted at Centenary College in Shreveport, La., on April 26-28. The Crusaders will wait to see who will be seeded third, as the regular season wraps up with several key conference matchups.