HOW TO FOLLOW
UD Twitter: @UDallasSports
UD Facebook: University of Dallas Athletics
UD Instagram: udallasathletics
The University of Dallas women's basketball team continues a four-game homestand this weekend. The Crusaders host Texas Lutheran University on Friday around 7:30 p.m. and Southwestern University on Sunday around 2 p.m. Both tip-offs are slated after the men's basketball games.
Dallas (7-9, 1-4 SCAC) went 2-1 last week over a five-game span. The team picked up consecutive wins including its first within Southern Collegiate Athletic Conference (SCAC) action over Centenary College. The Crusaders fell Sunday to Austin College.
Entering this weekend, half of the conference only has one win in league play. Three of those teams will be at the Maher Center this weekend.
- Michelle DeCoud (Monument, Colo.) leads the SCAC in scoring average (18.1 points-per-game) and rebounds-per-game (9.0). She checks in 4th in the United States Collegiate Athletic Association (USCAA) for her scoring average mark.
- DeCoud has recorded eight double-doubles and is shooting 48.9 percent from the floor, which is 3rd best in the SCAC. 11 of her 27 blocks have come in conference games, as she builds on her career school record total (124).
- Helen Onyenso (Oak Park, Ill.) is the other UD player averaging double figures with 10.8 points-per-game (ppg). She is second on the team with 106 rebounds (53 on each side of the glass).
- Celsi Caraway (Arlington, Texas) is averaging 9.4 points with 150 exactly overall.
- Madilyne Borjon (San Antonio, Texas) combined for 21 points on the homestand so far, including a career-best 11 last Sunday.
- On this date three years ago, the Crusaders tied a program record 41 made free throws at Colorado College.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
Social Media Hype
Happy 1st Day of Classes at #UDallas! Hope to see you back at the Maher Center later this week! #UDCrusaders Women's Basketball face Texas Lutheran and Southwestern! | @dallaswbb @UDBlueCrew #GoUD #UDWBB #SCACwbb #d3h pic.twitter.com/AQQ7q5j5dx— UDallas Athletics (@UDallasSports) January 17, 2018
BY THE NUMBERS
- All-Time Records: Dallas vs. Texas Lutheran (2-10), vs. Southwestern (6-37).
- Last season, the Crusaders went 0-2 versus both teams.
- UD was topped 72-66 by the Bulldogs at home. DeCoud recorded 11 points and seven boards.
- In the Crusaders home matchup with Southwestern, DeCoud notched a double-double with 16 points and 11 boards. It was not enough, as the guests won 77-69 in overtime.
- The Bulldogs enter the weekend 5-10 overall and 1-3 in conference.
- TLU earned its first victory in SCAC play last Saturday with a home win over Schreiner University (74-59). The Bulldogs have dropped their last three road games.
- Cami Davis leads the offense with 15.1 points and is ranked 5th in the SCAC. She has accumulated 227, while the next highest total is Abby Hroch with 108.
- Hroch leads Texas Lutheran on the boards with 97.
- Davis and Tara Molina are the top players on the team in assists with 38 and 34, respectively. Davis has swiped 34 steals.
- The Pirates also carry a 5-10 and 1-3 record into the weekend. They are at Colorado College on Friday before traveling back through DFW.
- Southwestern dropped both home games last week to Schreiner (69-64) and Trinity University (79-55).
- Zhazze Brown paces the offense for the Pirates with 12.0 ppg. Tori Carraway is just shy of averaging double-digits with a 9.8-clip. Renee Walker and Cecily Woolfolk are next with 9.0 ppg marks.
- Carraway and Woolfolk are each crack the conference's top-five leaders in rebounding average. Carraway is 3rd with an 8.0 mark, while Woolfolk checks in tied at 4th with a 7.1 mark.
- Former head coach of the Crusaders, Greta Grothe, will be making her first appearance inside the Maher Center leading Southwestern. She was at the helm for UD the previous two seasons.
Dallas will begin the second half of conference play with familiar opponents. The venues switch as the Crusaders play at Texas Lutheran University (Jan. 26th) and Southwestern University (Jan. 27th).