Video (Tape Delay)
Dallas Twitter: @UDallasSports
Women's Lacrosse Facebook: University of Dallas Women's Lacrosse
Facebook: University of Dallas Athletics
The University of Dallas women's lacrosse team welcomes Millsaps College on Saturday at 11 a.m. The Crusaders are seeking their first victory after dropping the first four contests this season. These include two home matches last weekend to University of Saint Mary (12-8) and Southwestern University (18-5).
- Lexi Leite (Houston, Texas) continues to dominate the stats for the Crusaders with 13 goals and 15 points. Last year's leading scorer in her rookie season also has attempted 29 shots (20 on goal). Leite has also scored in every match.
- Besides Leite, Claire Gagliano (Peachtree City, Ga.) had also scored in nearly every contest. Her streak ended last Sunday, but she is third on the team with five.
- Gagliano is one-of-two Crusaders in double figures for draw controls with a team-best 12.
- Patty Hahn (Plano, Texas) is the other player winning draws with 10.
- Erika Keever (Fort Worth, Texas) has six goals. In every game the sophomore has scored, they have been two-goal matches. Keever already doubled her scoring total last year and her two netters in the most recent outing broke rookie total in points.
- Lizz Winkler (St. Charles, Ill.) recorded 10 saves in both home matches this season. She has 39 over 240 minutes in the goalkeeper role.
- Dallas recently picked up four soccer players that all made appearances last weekend. Part of the quartet are: Mason Cosgrove (Las Cruces, N.M.), Gaby Gonzalez (McAllen, Texas), Elisa Duran (Pomona, Calif.), and Olivia Severson (LaCrosse, Wis.). Holly Tonry (Seattle, Wash.) from women's basketball also added on as a dual sport in her final semester.
- The Majors are also 0-4 this season with a pair of losses both home and away this year.
- Millsaps last fell 27-1 at home against the Lynx of Rhodes College on Saturday.
- Overall, the Majors have combined for 13 goals.
- Alyssa Smith has accounted for eight of them for just as many points.
- Cherilyn Cabanero has three goals and Bria Johnson rounds out the scoring with two.
- The Majors have not recorded an assist.
- Alicia Price has snatched 56 saves in 220 minutes between the pipes.
- Dallas is 1-2 in the overall series. The most recent meeting was April 14, 2013, at Jackson with a 25-2 final.
- The year prior in 2012, UD was defeated at home 17-13. The Crusaders did prevail 11-8 on the road in 2011 for the first ever head-to-head matchup.
A five-game homestand rolls on toward the middle-to-end of next week. On March 8, Dallas hosts University of Northwestern (MN) at 2 p.m. Two days later Beloit College (WI) visits for a 3:30 first draw. After a road match at Hendrix College, UD completes its home schedule with three in a row to end the month.