(University of Northwestern)
Dallas Twitter: @UDallasSports
Women's Lacrosse Facebook: University of Dallas Women's Lacrosse
Facebook: University of Dallas Athletics
The University of Dallas women's lacrosse team wraps up its season-long, five-match homestand with two more this week. On Wednesday, the Crusaders host University of Northwestern-St. Paul at 2 p.m. On Friday, Beloit College visits Irving, Texas, for a 3 p.m. start.
Dallas is 1-4 and coming off its first win in the Head Coach Destinee Johnson ERA. It was an 11-7 victory over Millsaps College last Saturday. After trailing 1-0, the Crusaders scored seven in a row, including the first four off free position goals.
- Lexie Leite (Houston, Texas) has been the squad's leading scorer with goals in every match this season. Through five contests, Leite has garnered a hat trick in four to give her 16 goals. Her three assists are also a team-most and give her 19 points.
- Leite is shooting 69.7 percent (23-33) of her shots on cage.
- Ericka Keever (Fort Worth, Texas) sits second on the team with a personal high eight goals this season. The sophomore has scored two goals in all games she has found the back of the cage in.
- Julia Shinkle (Ewing, N.J.) rounds out the active top three scorers with five. She has notched three in the past two games.
- Winkler has amassed 54 saves in 300 minutes between the pipes. She managed 15 last Saturday and has eclipsed double-digits in saves four-out-of-five outings. This includes her past three.
A LOOK AT THE OPPONENTS
(University of Northwestern-St. Paul)
- The Eagles are 3-1 this season and have won past two.
- After a 10-7 victory on Saturday at Loras College, UNW prevailed today against Beloit College 13-6. The match was hosted at Southwestern University, which is the other NCAA affiliated program offered in Texas.
- Two players are tops on the team in scoring with 11 apiece. Talia Sherry and Hannah Shands are the duo with that many goals.
- Sherry has a team-high five assists for 16 points to lead the team. She is shooting 75 percent (21-28) on goal.
- Shands follows with 12 points and Eugenia Chamberlain has 10 points. Chamberlain is 2nd in helpers (4) and has secured a team-high 32 groundballs.
- Sydney Werlein has snagged 25 saves in 240 minutes between the pipes.
- Dallas prevailed in the lone meeting historically between the programs last season on the road (13-6). Ahead by two (7-5) at halftime, the Crusaders used a 6-1 2nd half to pull away. This included the final quartet of scoring players.
- Leite had four goals and Keever added an assist. Francis Davis (Heber City, Utah) tied a team-high five groundballs.
- The Buccaneers are 1-2 this season. Starting the season on March 1, Beloit won 6-2 versus Elmhurst College.
- The most recent pair of games were setbacks at North Central College (20-1) and today against University of Northwestern (13-6).
- The Buccaneers play tomorrow against Southwestern University who was the host site for Tuesday's neutral site match.
- Kaela Evans leads the team in scoring with four goals. She has taken five shots and is perfect at landing on target.
- Hannah Drexler follows with three goals and Arisbeth Sanchez has two.
- The team has only dished two assists with both coming from Marci McClenon. She also has a goal.
- Casey Ryan, Nicole Dolcimascolo, and Fiona Milchman created a leading trio of players in groundballs with seven each.
- Marie Bonine has accumulated 178:58 minutes in the goal and notched 19 saves through three games.
- These teams have only met once all-time, and Dallas fell in that match 16-3. It was on the road in 2014 (April 16).
Dallas is on the road at Hendrix College on March 13 for a 5 p.m. match. A week from this Thursday, the Crusaders start two-of-a-three-match stretch that will close out the home portion of their season with Carroll University and University of Puget Sound. The two squads will also play a neutral site match between the hosts schools own matches.