HOW TO FOLLOW
Multimedia Coverage: Livestats
UD Twitter: @UDallasSports
UD Facebook: University of Dallas Athletics
UD Instagram: udallasathletics
The University of Dallas women's lacrosse team returns to action for the first time in nearly two weeks with its home opener on Friday, March 2nd. The Crusaders host Alma College at 4 p.m. and will open a four-game stretch at the friendly confines.
Another team coming in this weekend will be Otterbein University. A neutral site between Alma and Otterbein is scheduled for Sunday, and then UD will host Otterbein on Mar. 6th at 4 p.m.
Dallas (0-1) dropped its season opener at Southwestern University.
THREE THINGS TO KNOW FOR UD
- Erika Keever (Fort Worth, Texas) posted a team-high three goals in the team's lone outing.
- Lexi Leite (Houston, Texas) dished two assists to go with a goal to match Keever with three points for the team-lead.
- Dallas won 11 draw controls out of 26 chances.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
- 2018 Preseason Video
BY THE NUMBERS
- Dallas has never faced Alma, and is 0-1 against Otterbein.
- The Crusaders fell 13-4 at Westerville, Ohio, in 2012.
A LOOK AT THE OPPONENTS
- The Scots fell 15-9 to Carroll University in their lone contest so far.
- Brianna Soriano and Shelby Frazer were the top scorers with five and three, respectively.
- Allie Ray snatched 25 saves in 60 minutes.
- Last season, Alma posted an 8-8 overall record and 2-6 mark in the Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association (MIAA).
- The Cardinals are 0-2 this year, and are being outscored 39-16. Their most recent outing was a 20-10 result versus Transylvania.
- Otterbein concludes a three-game home stand Friday with Oberlin before making its spring break trip down to Texas next week.
- Abby Smoot and Cameron Finnegan are the top scorers with six and four goals.
- Jenny Gavett is the lone player with multiple assists to go with a netter.
- Last season, the Cardinals went 7-8 overall and 4-4 in the Ohio Athletic Conference (OAC).
On Mar. 8th, Dallas will follow an Otterbein versus Hendrix College neutral site match by hosting Aurora University at 3:30 p.m. The Crusaders conclude the home stand with a 12 p.m. match against Hendrix on the 9th.