HOW TO FOLLOW
Multimedia Coverage: Livestats
UD Twitter: @UDallasSports
UD Women's Lacrosse Twitter: @UDallasWLAX
UD Facebook: University of Dallas Athletics
UD Instagram: udallasathletics
Date and Time: April 20th (4:30 p.m.)
Opponents: Johnson & Wales University
Records: Westminster (0-11) | Dallas (0-9)
Location: Irving, Texas, Crusader Field
The University of Dallas women's lacrosse team is home for the first time in over a month, as the final match of the 2018 spring season will be played on Friday versus Johnson & Wales University (CO).
Dallas is coming off a 19-8 setback at Midland University. The Crusaders matched their season-high in scoring, but a big run towards the end of the first half pulled the opposition away from UD.
Prior to the start of Friday's final game, Avery Finch (Jamul, Calif.) will be recognized as part of Senior Day. Finch lettered four years at Dallas for softball, and remains enrolled in the institution as a graduate student studying Education. She has netted three goals and two assists for five points in her first year playing lacrosse.
- Lexi Leite (Houston, Texas) leads the team in goals (18), assists (5), points (23), shots (52), shots on goal (42), and draw controls (19).
- Erika Keever (Fort Worth, Texas) is the other double-digit scorer with 15 goals. She earned her second hat trick of the season last time out.
- Emily Pauletti (Dallas, Texas) notched her first collegiate hat trick and doubled her season total to six for third on the team in the most recent game.
- Jordyn Buell (Murrieta, Calif.) garnered 11 saves in her first collegiate start at goalie at Midland.
- Dallas has cleared the ball successfully .551 percent (102-185) this campaign.
BY THE NUMBERS
- Dallas prevailed in the lone meeting between these programs in history, 10-5. The matchup was in 2017, with Dallas posting five goals per half. A knotted 5-5 halftime was broken up by Leite on an assist from Keever. The duo each tallied a hat trick with three goals apiece.
A LOOK AT THE WILDCATS
- Johnson & Wales was downed 18-1 last Saturday versus Adams State University.
- Ashley Guerrero paces the offense with 19 goals, while Kyra Gangemi has 10. Katie Smith has contributed six. The trio are tied for the most assists (3) and have combined for all nine helpers on the team.
- Madison Herbert has been goalkeeper all 649:33 minutes. She has made 144 saves.
- Johnson & Wales University is a member of the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA) and Kansas Collegiate Athletic Conference (KCAC).
- The Wildcats announced their move to NCAA Division III in 2018-19, and will be a member of the Southern Collegiate Athletic Conference (SCAC).