HOW TO FOLLOW
UD Twitter: @UDallasSports
UD Women's Lacrosse Twitter: @UDallasWLAX
UD Facebook: University of Dallas Athletics
UD Women's Lacrosse Facebook: University of Dallas Women's Lacrosse
UD Instagram: udallasathletics
UD Women's Lacrosse Instagram: udwlax
The University of Dallas women's lacrosse team is back on the field this Saturday against Westminster College (PA). Match is slated to begin at 12 p.m.
Dallas (2-0) is coming off a 15-13 victory a week ago versus Huntingdon College. After building an 8-1 halftime lead, the Hawks rallied back including scoring eight straight to take a brief 13-12 advantage. Lexi Leite (Houston, Texas) immediately scored the equalizer for her seventh goal of the game. Erika Keever (Fort Worth, Texas) had the game-winner and Dallas held on the last six minutes.
THREE THINGS TO KNOW FOR UD
- Leite's performance earned her Southern Collegiate Athletic Conference (SCAC) Offensive Player of the Week.
- Leite has scored 13 goals this season to lead the team. Her pair of assists earned her the career individual record for 21. Mary Salotto had the previous record with 20.
- Dallas has combined for 34 goals in two outings. The team scored 69 in 10 matches in 2018.
BY THE NUMBERS
- These programs will play for the first time on Saturday
SCOUTING THE TITANS
- Westminster went 5-9 in 2018. This included a 2-5 away record.
- The team averaged 10.57 goals.
- Saturday's game will be the team's opener for the year. The Titans also play fellow SCAC foe Southwestern University on Sunday in a neutral site game at 11 a.m.
- The Titans return nine letterwinners from last season with first team all-conference Bria Braddock back. She led the team in points (58), assists (10, ground balls (86), caused turnovers (27), and draw controls (55). She was second in goals scored with 48. Emily D'Amico netted a team-high 51 goals and is also back.
- Westminster was selected fifth in the Presidents' Athletic Conference (PAC) Preseason Coaches' Poll.
Dallas embarks on its first away contests of 2019 next weekend with Point University and a neutral site game with Oglethorpe University on February 23 and 24, respectively.