(9/8 at LeTourneau)
(9/10 vs. East Texas Baptist)
UD Twitter: @UDallasSports
UD Women's Soccer Twitter: @UDallasWSoccer
UD Facebook: University of Dallas Athletics
UD Women's Soccer Facebook: University of Dallas Women's Soccer
UD Instagram: udallasathletics
The University of Dallas women's soccer team continues a three-game road trip on Friday with a visit at LeTourneau University. Kickoff is down for 7 p.m. After that the Crusaders return home on Sunday, September 10th with a 2 p.m. matchup versus East Texas Baptist University.
The Crusaders are 1-2 so far and these next two upcoming matches will mark the first five non-conference tilts will be against American Southwest Conference (ASC) opponents. The most recent contest was a 3-0 triumph at Louisiana College.
- Dallas is currently in the midst of a stretch of playing five-of-six games on the road. Sunday's game versus ETBU is the lone contest at Crusader Field.
- Two players have notched multiple scoring performances already this year. Whitney Jackson (Pryor, Okla.) tallied the first pair for UD on the campaign, and Aileen Machado (Dallas, Texas) delivered two at Louisiana College. The duo are tied for first in the league in goals and points (4) with Schreiner University's Cailee Morgan.
- Kate Vidimos (Bedford, Texas) has a goal and assist for three points.
- Olivia Severson (La Crosse, Wis.) earned her first career shutout against the Wildcats.
- The win on Monday was the Crusaders' 180th of all-time.
- Head Coach Lexi Stinson served as the Assistant Coach at LeTourneau University in 2016, and will return to her previous stop as UD plays at the Joyce Family Athletic Village.
BY THE NUMBERS
- The Crusaders are 10-2 overall against LeTourneau and 1-2 in head-to-head meetings with ETBU.
- Dallas has won the past five meetings versus the YellowJackets, but last played on Sept. 12th, 2013 in a 9-1 final in Irving.
- The most recent appearance the Tigers and UD programs met on the pitch was Sept. 1st, 2009. It was a 3-0 road loss for the Crusaders. The only time these squads played on Crusader Field was Sept. 25th, 2007, where Dallas fell 1-0.
- The YellowJackets are unblemished so far this campaign with a 3-0 record.
- Two of those victories came on the road at fellow Southern Collegiate Athletic Conference (SCAC) schools. LETU started the year at Texas Lutheran University last week in a 3-1 final. It blanked Schreiner University the next day 1-0, and got by Southwestern Assemblies of God University 2-1 in the home opener on Tuesday.
- Five different players have notched a goal for the YellowJackets. Katherine Baker is the only member of that quintet with multiple goals. She also has an assist for a team-high five points.
(East Texas Baptist University)
- The Tigers are 2-2 this year and 2-1 in road matches.
- They are coming off a 4-1 victory at Alcorn State on Thursday.
- Both setbacks for the Tigers have been shutouts. This includes a 3-0 decision at Schreiner about a week ago in the season opener. ETBU is 1-1 against SCAC teams, as it prevailed 2-1 at Texas Lutheran.
- Ashleigh Rondon and Chase Swann garnered goals in the team's win at TLU.
Dallas opens SCAC action Sept. 15th at Trinity University. Kickoff is slated for 6 p.m. against the fifth-ranked team in United Soccer Coaches Division III Preseason Poll. The Crusaders then go to Schreiner on the 17th for a noon start.