(Photo Courtesy of Anthony Mazur)
(Texas Lutheran University 9/29)
(Southwestern University 10/1)
UD Twitter: @UDallasSports
UD Women's Soccer Twitter: @UDallasWSoccer
UD Facebook: University of Dallas Athletics
UD Women's Soccer Facebook: University of Dallas Women's Soccer
UD Instagram: udallasathletics
The University of Dallas women's soccer team returns to the pitch for its final two matches in the first half of Southern Collegiate Athletic Conference (SCAC) at Texas Lutheran University (September 29th) and Southwestern University (October 1st). Kickoff times are at 5 p.m. and 12 p.m., respectively.
The Crusaders (2-5-2, 1-2-1 SCAC) split their pair of home matches last weekend. They matched a season-high three goals for the third time in a 3-1 final over Centenary College. Most recently on Sunday, UD was edged 1-0 to Austin College.
- Kate Vidimos (Bedford, Texas) is the top offensive player for Dallas with eight points, three goals, and two assists. Her nine shots on goal are also a team-high.
- Elisa Duran (Pomona, Calif.) has taken the most shot attempts with 18. Whitney Jackson (Pryor, Okla.), Duran, and Vidimos have each contributed a pair of assists to equal all-but one of the seven helpers by the team.
- Olivia Severson (La Crosse, Wis.) has started five matches and logged 470 minutes. Her 86.5 save percentage ranks second in the SCAC. Severson has 32 saves overall and was goalkeeper during the home stand.
- Elena Naccari (Covington, La.) has shared the other time in goal for UD. The senior ranks third in the league for total saves (37) and has delivered 385:52 minutes. Naccari was the keeper in the two road conference matches.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
BY THE NUMBERS
- The Crusaders are 7-6-2 in the all-time series with Texas Lutheran University. Last year, Dallas tied the Bulldogs at Seguin 0-0.
- Dallas is 4-17-3 overall in games versus Southwestern. The matchup in Georgetown last year resulted in a Pirates 2-0 win.
- The Bulldogs are 2-5-1 overall and 2-2-1 in SCAC play.
- They have dropped two straight after a pair of setbacks at the home confines last weekend to Trinity University and Schreiner University. TLU is 1-4 at home this year.
- Tanya Prazelini leads Texas Lutheran with four goals and nine points.
- Jaclyn Smolik has contributed a trio of goals, and Sara Gribbon is the team leader in assists with three.
- The Pirates enter with a 0-8 record and 0-5 SCAC record.
- Southwestern is coming off a 6-0 setback to No. 10 Trinity University. Prior to that, SU fell in a pair of contests determined by a single goal.
- Kierstyn Luckock has a goal and assist for three points. Mady Akers and Angelica Grayson are the other two players to score with a goal apiece.
- Kylie Hunt is the primary goalie with 51 saves in 595:30 minutes.
Dallas hosts Trinity University on Friday, October 6th. Kickoff is slated for 2 p.m. Schreiner University will visit on the 8th.