(At Centenary 10/13)
(At Austin College 10/15)
UD Twitter: @UDallasSports
UD Women's Soccer Twitter: @UDallasWSoccer
UD Facebook: University of Dallas Athletics
UD Women's Soccer Facebook: University of Dallas Women's Soccer
UD Instagram: udallasathletics
The University of Dallas women's soccer team plays its final road Southern Collegiate Athletic Conference (SCAC) matches this regular season. Both tilts will be crucial in the conference standings, as the Crusaders play at Centenary College on Friday at 5 p.m. Sunday's kickoff at Austin College will be at 12 p.m.
The Crusaders (3-8-2, 2-5-1 SCAC) find themselves tied in fourth with Friday's opponent entering the final two weeks of conference play. Dallas did prevail 3-1 earlier this year in Irving. Austin College is behind the teams tied with Southwestern University for the final spot of the tournament, which will be held at Mayo Field in Shreveport, Louisiana, on November 3rd-5th.
Dallas is coming off a pair of setbacks last weekend at home to the top two teams in the conference in Trinity University and Schreiner University.
- Mackenzie Vasile (San Antonio, Texas) netted one of the two goals she has versus Centenary. Gaby Gonzalez (McAllen, Texas) scored her first career collegiate goal in that same match with the Ladies.
- Olivia Severson (La Crosse, Wis.) ranks second in the SCAC for best save percentage (.875) and fewest goals against (8). Elena Naccari (Covington, La.) is fourth with a .750 save percent and fifth with 17 goals surrendered.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
Photo Galleries – Trinity University (UD Athletics Flickr)
Photo Gallery – Schreiner University (Anthony Mazur Flickr)
BY THE NUMBERS
- In 2016, the Crusaders fell 3-0 at Centenary and tied 0-0 at Austin College.
- The Ladies sit 3-8-1 overall and 2-5-1 in the conference.
- The Maroon and White do well at home, going 3-2-1 at the friendly confines.
- The Ladies have earned 49 corners compared to 38 by the opposition.
- Kelly Vazquez and Pamela Fonseca are the top two scorers with two goals apiece.
- Fonseca has a team-high five points, while Betzabet Bravo and Kyra Montes each have two assists and give the team a trio with four points.
- Maggie Pitcher sits third in the conference in saves (57). She has played all 12 matches and logged all 1,101:32 minutes in goal.
- The 'Roos are 3-11 on the season and 2-6 in the SCAC. They are tied for sixth with Southwestern University and have dropped seven straight.
- AC is 1-6 at home and last fell on the home turf Tuesday to Mary Hardin-Baylor in a non-conference contest.
- Sarah Battles leads the offense with three goals for six points. One of those was the gamewinner in the first matchup with Dallas.
- Tori Strunk has a pair of goals, while Karolina Cruz and Hassie Wortham each have a goal and two helpers for a quartet of points.
- Maya Erwin is leads all conference goalkeepers with 99 saves. She has totaled 1,170 minutes.
Dallas closes out the 2017 regular season with three of the next four matches at home. The first two will also be its last SCAC games, with Texas Lutheran University being first on October 20th. Kickoff is slated for 4 p.m. and will be after the men's soccer match due to a scheduling policy in the conference.