(10/20 vs. Texas Lutheran)
(10/22 vs. Southwestern)
UD Twitter: @UDallasSports
UD Women's Soccer Twitter: @UDallasWSoccer
UD Facebook: University of Dallas Athletics
UD Women's Soccer Facebook: University of Dallas Women's Soccer
UD Instagram: udallasathletics
The University of Dallas women's soccer team nears the end of the regular season with its final pair conference matches over the weekend. On Friday, October 20th, the Crusaders host Texas Lutheran University with kickoff slated around 4 p.m. Sunday UD takes on Southwestern University at 12 p.m.
Dallas has dropped its last four games, which includes two road matches last weekend at Centenary College and Austin College. The Crusaders (3-10-2, 2-7-1 SCAC) are in sixth place in the Southern Collegiate Athletic Conference (SCAC) and one point (7) in front of Southwestern.
- Three of the final four matches for Dallas are at home.
- Elena Naccari (Covington, La.) is tied 2nd all-time in the program for saves (336) with 2012 UD Hall of Famer, Kelly Scofield.
- Olivia Severson (La Crosse, Wis.) ranks top five in several SCAC categories. This includes: .857 save percentage (.857), 10 goals against (2nd), 1.08 goals-against average (2nd), and 60 saves (3rd)
- On the season, opponents have .485 shots on goal percentage while UD has shot a .450-clip.
- The Crusaders have shot nearly the same total per half with 74 in the first and 75 in second.
BY THE NUMBERS
- Dallas fell 2-0 at TLU earlier this season.
- The Crusaders defeated Southwestern on the road for their most recent victory at the beginning of the month. Jackson netted the game-winning goal with under 10 minutes left.
- The Bulldogs are 5-8-1 overall and 5-4-1 in the SCAC for third place.
- TLU closes the regular season on a four-game road trip. The stretch started last weekend with a pair of losses at Trinity University (5-0) and Schreiner University (1-0).
- Jaclyn Smolik leads the team with six goals and 13 points. Tanya Prazelini has contributed four goals and has a helper for nine points.
- Sara Gribbon has a team-high four assists, and Bailey Nimtz is second on squad with three.
- Stephanie Barrientos has played 14 matches as goalie and started 13 of them. In 870:37 minutes, she has amassed 52 saves and faced 139 shots. Mikaela Gilbert has played 409:23 minutes between the posts.
- The Pirates are 2-11 and 2-8 in the conference.
- They play University of Texas at Dallas on Thursday for a non-conference match before coming to Irving Sunday.
- SU fell twice last weekend at Schreiner (2-0) and Trinity (7-0).
- Mady Akers has two of the team's five goals this season.
- A trio of goalkeepers have seen time this season. Kylie Hunt has played the majority of minutes (820:30) and snagged 78 saves.
Dallas will finish the regular season with two matches against foes outside the league. On Oct. 26th, the Crusaders will be at Southwestern Adventist University for a 6 p.m. start. Oct. 28th will be "Senior Day" versus McMurry University. Kickoff is slated for 2 p.m.