Links for the Matches will appear here next to the event.
UD Twitter: @UDallasSports
UD Volleyball Twitter: @UDallasVball
UD Facebook: University of Dallas Athletics
UD Instagram: udallasathletics
UD Volleyball Instagram: udvball
The University of Dallas volleyball team plays in the Millsaps/Belhaven Invite. The Crusaders are at Belhaven University on Friday, September 6, and at Millsaps College on Saturday, September 7. Dallas will face East Texas Baptist University (5 PM), Belhaven (7 PM), Huntingdon College (10 AM), and Central Baptist College (2 PM) in that respective order with two matches at each location.
- Dallas continues seeking its first win after dropping four matches in the Pacific Coast Classic.
- The Crusaders are averaging 10.1 kills/set.
- UD has slightly been outdone 227-220 on digs.
- Abigail Porras (El Paso, Texas) leads a quartet of attackers with at least 20 kills with 28.
- Krystyn Pua (Escondido, Calif.) leads the team in digs with 65.
- Dallas all-time records: 6-12 vs. East Texas Baptist; 5-2 vs. Belhaven (includes 3-2 win at Jackson in 2018); 5-1 vs. Huntingdon; and 5-0 vs. Central Baptist.
- East Texas Baptist is 5-0 on the season, including wins over Southern Collegiate Athletic Conference (SCAC) foes: Austin College, University of St. Thomas, and Centenary College (twice).
- Allie Fennell paced the offense with nine kills and a .450 hitting percentage in last Tuesday's win at home over Centenary.
- ETBU plays Central Baptist early in the afternoon prior to playing the Crusaders.
- Belhaven will host the Crusaders on its own court with the second matchup after playing Central Baptist earlier in the afternoon.
- The Blazers (1-3) also host Huntingdon College in their home opener on Thursday.
- The Team has accumulated 150 kills, led by Callista Moore with 42. Grace Laukhuf is tops on the squad with 56 assists. Sydney McEachern has garnered a team-high 69 digs.
- The Hawks are 0-3 on the young season after starting at the Maryville College Tournament.
- Huntingdon will play UD in the first match on Saturday at Millsaps.
- Amy Tyma is the leader on the team for kills with 35 and digs at 47. Addison Genard and April Reese follow with 15 and 14, respectively. Ashley Murphy is the team leader in assists with 67.
- Central Baptist enters the weekend at 3-2. The latest is a four-set win over Texas College.
- The Mustangs are a member of the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA) in the American Midwest Conference.
- Khyra Echols leads the squad with 60 kills, including a pair of 20+ individual game performances (26 and 24).
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
Dallas is home for the first time in 2019 next week on September 13-14 with the University of Dallas Invite. The Crusaders will play Alfred University, McMurry University, and Millsaps College. The Crusaders also open Southern Collegiate Athletic Conference (SCAC) play and stretch the home stand to four on Sept. 17 versus Austin College.