UD Twitter: @UDallasSports
UD Volleyball Twitter: @UDallasVball
UD Facebook: University of Dallas Athletics
UD Instagram: udallasathletics
UD Volleyball Instagram: udvball
The University of Dallas volleyball team remains home on Tuesday for the fourth match that is part of a busy home stand in the last five days, as it hosts Austin College in the Southern Collegiate Athletic Conference (SCAC) opener. First serve is set at 7 p.m.
- Dallas has won five-of-seven to move to 5-6 overall on the season.
- Abigail Porras (El Paso, Texas) was the first to eclipse 100 kills and leads the team with 109.
- Dayjah Whyte (Round Rock, Texas) follows with 84 overall after compiling 29 in the UD Invite. She also hit .619 with 14 kills in a win over Alfred University.
- Dallas was selected fifth in the SCAC Preseason Coaches' Poll with 55 points.
- The Crusaders split last year's regular season meetings with a 3-0 win and 3-1 setback. Dallas last faced the 'Roos in the Maher Center in 2016, prevailing in a five-set thriller.
- All-time record: (UD is 8-52)
- Austin College enters 5-8 overall and went 1-3 last weekend in Oregon.
- The 'Roos are averaging 12.17 kills-per-set and 18.57 digs-per-set.
- Shelbi Cook and Karson Dykes are the team leaders in kills with 105. Christine Royalty follows with 100 and is the leader in blocks with 32. The 'Roos have 68 compared to 65 by foes.
- Mari Prazak, Brooklyn Talley, and Hannah Arbaugh form a trio with triple figures in digs.
- The 'Roos earned 60 points in the SCAC Preseason Coaches' Poll for a fourth place selection.
BY THE NUMBERS
Dallas continues its conference stretch on September 20-21 at host site Centenary College. The Crusaders will play Colorado College and Schreiner University the first day, and then wrap up the weekend with Southwestern University and Centenary.