(Colorado College): Livestats | Video
(Schreiner University): Livestats | Video
(Southwestern University): Livestats | Video
(Centenary College): Livestats | Video
UD Twitter: @UDallasSports
UD Volleyball Twitter: @UDallasVball
UD Facebook: University of Dallas Athletics
UD Instagram: udallasathletics
UD Volleyball Instagram: udvball
The University of Dallas volleyball team heads to Shreveport, Louisiana, for its first Southern Collegiate Athletic Conference (SCAC) weekend at Centenary College. Dallas will face No. 10 Colorado College at 1 p.m. and Schreiner University at 3:30 p.m. on Friday. Things finish up with Southwestern University (11 a.m.) and Centenary (4:30 p.m.) on Saturday.
- The Crusaders (6-6, 1-0 SCAC) picked up a thrilling 3-2 win over Austin College on Tuesday to begin league play.
- Abigail Porras (El Paso, Texas) leads the offense with 120 kills and ranks 2nd in SCAC with .62 service aces per set.
- Krystyn Pua (Escondido, Calif.) checks in 3rd in the conference for digs (200) after a career-high 38 on Tuesday. As a team, the Crusaders average 18.4 digs compared to 16.0 by opponents.
- UD is 3-0 in matches that have gone five sets. The majority of its sets have been claimed in the third with a 266-248 points edge.
- Solo blocks for Dallas and its opponents are even at 24.
- All-time records for UD: (Colorado College, 0-20) | (Schreiner, 12-15) | (Southwestern, 0-27) | (Centenary, 15-3).
- Dallas swept Schreiner and Centenary in both regular season matches in 2018. The Crusaders also edged the Ladies in five sets of the SCAC Quarterfinals in Irving.
- Dallas was picked fifth in the SCAC Preseason Coaches' Poll with 55 points.
- Colorado College (9-2) will play its first games away from its home venue.
- The Tigers sit 10th in the American Volleyball Coaches Association (AVCA) national rankings.
- CC was predicted to repeat as the 2019 SCAC Champions with 98 points and all-but two first place votes.
- Allie Freeburg and Georgia Mullins have reached triple-digits for kills. The team is hitting .248
- Isa Aragen-Mendez and Lizzy Counts are neck-and-neck in assists with 230 and 225, respectively.
- Schriener University enters 3-6 and finished last weekend at the UD Invite 1-2 with the last match being a victory over Alfred University.
- The Mountaineers have yet to have a match go five sets.
- SU was selected 9th in the preseason polls with 25 points.
- A quartet of players have notched 100 kills led by Amanda Combs (125). Alexis Coronado (109), Kadi Elledge (107), and Alyx Druse (102) also are in the unit.
- Southwestern University (6-4) has won its last two matches and is 1-1 in games not at Georgetown. This includes the lone win on a neutral floor.
- The Pirates swept East Texas Baptist University (ETBU) last time out.
- SU was runner-up last season and granted 3rd in the SCAC Preseason Poll with 81 points.
- Riley Brantley and Elleanna McGown are the top hitters with 91 and 87 kills.
- Katelyn Whitehead has 321 assists, while Ali Grona is the leader with 162 digs.
- Centenary is 3-8 on the season and fell to LeTourneau University last time out in straight sets.
- The Ladies are 1-0 in lone home match and also 1-0 in SCAC play after winning 3-2 over St. Thomas.
- Centenary was picked to finish 8th in the league with 37 points.
- Rachel Demerjian earned SCAC All-Conference her freshman year and has 204 assists on the current campaign.
BY THE NUMBERS
Dallas closes the month of September out with a home non-conference match versus LeTourneau. Match is slated for 7 p.m. on Sept. 24. This game will be "Neon Night" at the Maher Center.